ALDI grinder / belt sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickWelford

So many tools, so little to show
Reaction score
Aldi today have a reasonable looking bench grinder/belt sander on offer for 30 measly devalued pounds Sterling. Does anyone have any experience of it? 3 year warranty. I know it's a bit underpowered, but hey, 30 quid?

Not an answer to your question but for what it's worth I have their belt sander, delta sander, detail sander and orbital sander and I'm very happy with all of them, especially given the low cost and excellent warranty.
None of them get daily heavy use but for an amateur woodworker such as myself, they perform just fine and represent excellent value for money. I expect the item you mention will do the job just fine and if it doesn't, their aftersales service, in my limited experience, is very good.

I have that one, bought about 3 years ago.
As you say, it's under powered. Ok with the stone but the extra surface area of the belt made that part pretty useless i thought unless takling only thin parts.
I still use it, but it hasn't had a belt on for some time now.

I took the wheel off mine as it was out of balance and I have other grindstones.
The belt bit is good and with proper adjustment does not slip very much.
In a way, the slip is useful as it acts as a clutch when you press on too hard thus avoiding overheat.

Thanks guys, went and got one. I have a number of grinders, it's the belt I'm interested in, want to make knives, small ones for carving. Any recommendations as to where best to source belts?

Back