Aldi Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thallow

Established Member
Reaction score
As I am only 6 months into this whole wood thing...(and yes slipping ever faster into the abyss ) :shock: I am still kitting out my humble workshop - one thing i am desperate for at the moment is a bandsaw; I have some larger models in mind.....meanwhile i see aldis have one of their specials at the moment and was wondering whether to buy one as a stop gap (£50.00) has anybody got one of these and if so is it any good?
Many Thanks
J

Thanks Wizer....it does! :D

Note to self.....use search facility :oops:

Cheers mate

J

Hi,
I am after a small bandsaw. I was in my local Aldi today and they still have some of the bandsaws in stock. I have been looking around the internet for a bandsaw. I do a lot of static model boat building, and I also have a Garden Railway. I made some buildings for the railway last year using a scroll saw, but would it be better if I used a bandsaw? I have also been looking at a bandsaw made by Kinzo. It is only 250watt, which I think should be enough for my purposes. Any advice on a bandsaw would be very welcome.
Martin

Mate, if your work will be primarily bandsaw based then I strongly suggest a good quality one. I bought a cheap bandsaw when I started out, a Clarke one, and I found accuracy was rubbish.

Think about it for a while, I rush into purchases but would now tend to wait and save a bit.

Martin.

A few months ago, I was lucky enough to be given one of these (complete with 5 blades) by someone who decided to get out of woodworking.

CCB_xl.jpg

Having used a few times, I think I understand why the chap gave up woodworking... and why he refused my offers to pay for it.

Buy right, or buy twice - I buy twice, I'm stupid. I seem to end up with two of everything... the one I use, and the one I'm trying to sell/give away.

P.S... and no, I'm not giving it away.. I've put a metal-cutting blade in there and use it instead of my junior hacksaw when I want to cut a screw in half.

Back