Aldi Bandsaw ( new model) coming soon. Buy it or choose other model

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple of things...

First,
finally found the time to unpack set-up the BS... one of the lucky ones, package was intact as were the contents.
Found set-up straight forward (thanks to all for your pointers) (had 2 or 3 mis-labelled diagrams in my instruction booklet that caused some head scratching before finally figuring it out!!).
The mitre guide is pretty poor and it fouls on the extending table (bit of fettling needed to sort that out next) and the insert being lower than the table is a pain when dealing with small pieces but all in all it is pretty good, TBH, I think for the price it is great value.

Second,
Tuffsaws... kudos. Their web site said they were closed from 4pm on Wednesday 22nd... I ordered my blades on Thu 23rd at 10:40am... fully expecting them to show up in the new year as I was well after the cut-off... after a flurry of automated order update emails yesterday afternoon (which I took little notice of) the blades arrived in the post today... Fri 24th :D ... someone @ Tuffsaws clearly working just for the fun of it !!! Hats off to them, means I can put in one of their premium blades and do some serious cutting in those 3 days between Xmas and New Year.
I got my refund from Aldi as I never got my bandsaw, the family ordered it from Scheppach Germany great Christmas present absolutely love it.🎄🎄🎄 got it in 3 days very happy with it, ordered a new blade for it should be great for what I want it for, fingers crossed

They're quite a bulky item and they'd take up valuable floor space for smaller items that shift in larger quantities I would think.
Wouldn't need shop space just warehouse space....
Delivery to store picked up that day or it goes back next day to rdc.....

Couple of things...

First,
finally found the time to unpack set-up the BS... one of the lucky ones, package was intact as were the contents.
Found set-up straight forward (thanks to all for your pointers) (had 2 or 3 mis-labelled diagrams in my instruction booklet that caused some head scratching before finally figuring it out!!).
BS - a bit unfortunate abbreviation for bandsaw?

Well people, first off Merry Xmas to everyone , hope you all had a good one and got what you needed :)

Little update as finally today I got to setup my bandsaw. It has been sitting in the garage for weeks now and have been away for xmas so only got to set it up today. Carried it up to my small workshop and first task was to fix the buggered base. As you can see from these pictures it was out of whack and not level so taking some advice on here , I just twatted it with various hammers and then placed two sized pieces of 18mm ply underneath which I used to level it but also have something to screw into.

IMG_9289.jpg

Luckily I had already sorted the base out as I have two drawer units that used to be in my work office and they are used for screws etc. So put some castors on them and purely by luck the base is the exact depth of the drawers so fixed it to the top and now it all fits and I can wheel it away when not in use. A bit of a faff getting it built , the extension table is a PITA but finally got it together and then a little bit of fettling on the tension etc.

Did my first few test cuts and all seemed good so time will tell. Anyway here are a few photos

IMG_9546.jpg

IMG_9547.jpg

...looking good.
After my original purchase of the earlier Aldi bandsaw a few years ago I recently "upgraded" (?) to a Record bs300.....but I actually prefer using the original Aldi "toy"!!

I noticed it on HotUKDeals earlier today and I did wonder if this thread would start up again. Let's see what the buyers' experiences are like this time...

I wonder if the ones that came damaged can get replaced with a non-dented one now they are back in stock. Anyone feel cheeky enough to give a shot?

I wonder if the ones that came damaged can get replaced with a non-dented one now they are back in stock. Anyone feel cheeky enough to give a shot?
Well I sent to Germany to get mine after aldis shinanigins with the postal couriers they used, I ended up getting a refund, I was told I’d had it delivered numerous times, which I hadn’t as I was working on the drive the times they said they’d tried to deliver it, any way I’ve got my Scheppach and am happy with it even though it cost more, it’s already paid for itself, I would never buy online again from Aldi enough said.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has any joy with this. I'm guessing it'll have to be quick before they run out of stock again.

Well I took the plunge and ordered one...fingers crossed for an undamaged delivery...... only 7 left in stock now !!

Fool me once and all that. Placed an order after the last one was sent back. Arrived today. Not assembled yet, but all looks good so far.

Side note: I strongly believe that whilst XDP aren’t my favourite courier, the units suffered most of the damage before the courier got their hands on them.

Last edited:
Incase it helps anyone.. They are back in stock and have been all week and have not sold out yet.

I ordered 2 and as I feared (expected?) one of them has been mishandled and has a bent base.. But the other seems fine..

Back