Alarm Caller

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike.C

Established Member
Reaction score
Some of you maybe interested in this security device that SWMBO got for me last week. http://safield.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/221

Doesn't look much does it, but for £24.99, it is an excellent device to backup the security you may already have, or even as a stand alone alarm.
The trouble is these days people are so used to hearing car and house alarms, that they are often ignored, and although this alarm includes a 105db siren, that is only a secondary part of the unit. IMHO the best part of this alarm is that the second a thief triggers the motion detector/PIR, it starts dialing one of up to 5 telephone numbers that you have programed into the system, and it will continually dial each of the numbers one at a time until someone answers the phone, and when this happens you will hear a siren sounding. You can program any numbers, such as your mobile, home, friends, neighbors or family members.

You can also have the system set to sound the siren and dial the numbers when it detects someone, or if you want to catch the thief in the act, you can turn the siren off, so that it dials your numbers without alerting the scumbag, which gives you time to call the police, who can then nick the sh-t.

So if you are at work during day, you are on holiday, or your workshop is at the bottom of your garden and you are a heavy sleeper, you can make sure that there is always someone at the other end of the phone.

One thing that i am sure goes though everyones mind now and again, when working alone in a workshop full of blades, is the thought "what will i do if i have a serious accident and cannot get to the phone?" Well this kit covers that to, because all you have to do is press the panic button on the remote that comes included in the pack, and as above this will also dial the same phone numbers, which in turn will alert Her in doors that something is wrong. It has even got a piece cord so that you can hang it around your neck.

The only downside to this device, is that you have got to have a phone line in the workshop. You can get around this by running a extension to your shop, or shelling out £99 to bt, which is a pain in the neck, but there again 'What Price Piece Of Mind'

Although i have not seen them, I am sure that there must be other products like this on the market, but for £24.99 this has got to be good value for money.

Cheers

Mike

Edit; Forgot to say that it also has a battery backup.

This is my system which sounds like it does the same functions as yours. It holds up to four numbers in it's memory to call in the event of a break in. It also has the panic alarm and a battery back up and it has a rolling code so it can't be craked easily. It also has three remote control devices. It can also be set from the phone if you forget to do it before you leave. Mine was from China free but they sell on E-bay for around £70. I too had to run a phone line to the workshop but it wasn't much hassle for the peace of mind it gives.
dscn03499ln.jpg

The problem with these devices is that the b*st*rd burglar only has to cut the phone line to be safe. :roll:

What's realy needed is a titanium cased mobile 'phone device, fully self contained. Does anyone want to go into business?

looks like ill be getting one of those today as i've had my workshop broken into over the weekend :evil: luckily the alarm scared them off without to much and they managed to knock over the timber rack as they came in so hopefully they had a few whacks on the head from that .
It would be nice to get a phone call letting me know they where there .
Then again anyone thats seen my workshop knows its tough to navigate with the lights on so with the lights off they could do themselves quite a bit of harm :lol:

JFC wrote:

Looks like i will be getting one of those today as i've had my workshop broken into over the weekend :evil: luckily the alarm scared them off with out much to much and they managed to knock over the timber rack as they came in so hopefully they had a few whacks on the head from that.
It would have been nice to get a phone call letting me know they were there.

I am sorry to hear that mate. With a bit of luck one of the ars-holes is buried under the timber. If this is the case, he may like to sit on a wooden suppository before you call the police. You can tell him it's a rehearsal of what he can expect to happen when he is somebodys sweetheart in the local prison.

Cheers

Mike

JFC":w2touj4z said:
Then again anyone thats seen my workshop knows its tough to navigate with the lights on so with the lights off they could do themselves quite a bit of harm :lol:

especially if you configure your alarm to automatically turn on ALL your machines with the lights off :twisted: :twisted:

especially if you configure your alarm to automatically turn on ALL your machines with the lights off
Thats an idea , the police would be there in no time if they where getting calls about machinery running in the night ! Im still waiting for them to turn up now and i called them at 9am :roll:

JFC":zmo65une said:
especially if you configure your alarm to automatically turn on ALL your machines with the lights off
Thats an idea , the police would be there in no time if they where getting calls about machinery running in the night ! Im still waiting for them to turn up now and i called them at 9am :roll:

I was thinking more along the lines of the burglar stumbling around not knowing where he was putting his hands :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Sadly I think the law is against us. It's called 'setting a man-trap in a public place' and, yes, you may wonder why your workshop is deemed a 'public place' but apparently it is because when they have broken into your place, as a 'member of the public', it becomes a public place.

I think that's what the law says...

Best be careful, chaps, as we're starting to drift towards 'forbidden zones' :wink:

So maybe ill get sued now for the timber rack falling on them :shock:
I hope so then i can find out who they are and use some reasonable force to restrain them :evil:

The Police have still not turned up ! They did call to say they are busy ...............Walks into the corner kicking stones and getting mad !

Jason,
There was a news story a few months ago about a bloke who saw folk stealing from his garden shed and got the too busy answer as well. He later called the police and said "Don't bother to come , I've shot them" Police arrived 45 seconds later, found no bodies and said " You told us you had shot them", aggrieved shed owner replied, "and you said you were too busy to come.."

I suspect you shouldn't try this one!

I like that one ! Although if i had caught them i have a paslode framing nailer :twisted:
Police still haven't turned up ! but have called twice to say someone will be here soon :roll:

Back