Airing cupboard problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed, but you can't put an open light fitting in a bathroom environment

So the tube heater is likely the avenue we will go down

Rorschach":hrabtfw6 said:
An incandescent light bulb is a pretty efficient heater. Cheap as chips too.

Of course it is personal preference, and as you have said you value an airing cupboard. It also depends where the cupboard is, but we removed ours completely and made the bathroom bigger. I'm not sure we ever used it as an 'airing cupboard' but the space itself was useful and we have had to find alternative storage for the stuff that used to be in there.

whatknot":3u2p4cbl said:
Indeed, but you can't put an open light fitting in a bathroom environment

So the tube heater is likely the avenue we will go down

Rorschach":3u2p4cbl said:
An incandescent light bulb is a pretty efficient heater. Cheap as chips too.

Ahh missed that part. If I were doing that I would have the light covered anyway to stop things falling on it, but if you want to follow regs then yes a tube heater would be better.

0f014b99bff123ab15b68d698c017352.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks for that ColeyS1, I assume its some sort of radiator?

I suspect its going to be more expensive than the £20 tube heater, plus you can't have a plug socket in the bathroom area

Although it could be directly wired of course

It's a tube heater. Wouldn't have cost that much cause I wouldn't have bought a second one for the propigator.
I just thought in the long run it might save you money by cutting out when up to the set temperature, instead of relying on the timer.
2ed2d0bbad32fb14dfe002a64491c838.jpg

2c7d834d83d9dc72b98a55514357d45d.jpg

Ah sorry, I misunderstood, I was thinking it was a radiator

What you say makes sense but still think a timer is a good idea, it doesn't need to be on 24/7 really

Appreciate the feedback

It is a little more expensive, but is a 90 watt rather than 80w

I will get a quote from the sparky before proceeding but this type of thing seems to be the answer

ColeyS1":l7c1k698 said:
It's a tube heater. Wouldn't have cost that much cause I wouldn't have bought a second one for the propigator.
I just thought in the long run it might save you money by cutting out when up to the set temperature, instead of relying on the timer.
2ed2d0bbad32fb14dfe002a64491c838.jpg

2c7d834d83d9dc72b98a55514357d45d.jpg

It really hurts my brain when I think about these. I had a real struggle deciding what was best. I think there were shorter lower wattage ones but I opted for longer and higher wattage thinking it'd get to the desired heat quicker than cut out - still not sure if that was the right thing to do ! Went out in the shed this morning and the tube was warm but the light wasn't on. It must have been working during the night, then switched off.
Never a bad thing having lots of choices [WINKING FACE]

Back