air nailer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilyweely

Established Member
Reaction score
As I am experiencing problems with the paslode I bought a compressor for a nail gun, but it has turned out to be useless.

Can anyone recommend a cheap nailer/compressor package that will handle a 50mm nail for me?
I need something for fairly constant use, and the one I have (cheap nutool) is so underpowered it isn't true.
It said on the box 116psi, 24litre, 7cfm, 1.5hp and so on, but the motor would just about power my toaster, so, its going back to the shop. Thing is this is rated as above, and yet other models with the same ratings have an engine twice the size! So where did I go wrong?

I know I am being 'high maintenance' but am trying to set up by myself, and need to keep costs DOWN. Any advice will not be taken for granted.

Thanks folks, bear with me....

(look at the time - I have just finished messing about with it, and it is in severe danger of free-falling from the window to the street!!!
I gotta be in St Albans at 8am!!! And the 10 month old baby will NOT let me sleep anyway)

Back