Aftermarket fence for router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob

New Luddism. Wake up and resist.
Reaction score
I've a big Erbauer router, cheap, powerful, practical, except for the fence which is really flimsy.
So if I do a deep snatchy sort of cut it will wobble about and make the snatch even deeper and uncontrolled.
Is there an after market substitute?
I don't use routers much as a rule.

Because they were innovators back in the day, I wonder if the Elu mountings were copied by others ?
Using a 2nd hand cast alloy fence from another brand might then be a way forward.
Elu 1/2" routers use 10mm fence rods. The 1/4" routers use 8mm rods.
If you measure your erbauer and let us know the spacing of the rods, someone will know or I can measure the spacings on the Elu / DeWalt's.

(It was to hand so the fence rod holes on my 1/2" Elu read 100.15mm centres on my vernier so odds on it's 100.0 mm)

I made a fence for an old DeWalt I had years ago, just a block of hardwood with a rebate running its length & holes drilled in it to match the rod holes on the router base.
I taped the hardwood to accept two bolts to lock on the rods which were two bits of scrap bar, worked a treat.

Bosch sell a micro-adjustable fence, but whether the rod spacing and diameter are compatible, I couldn’t say. However I do have one that I could measure.

I made a fence for an old DeWalt I had years ago, just a block of hardwood with a rebate running its length & holes drilled in it to match the rod holes on the router base.
I taped the hardwood to accept two bolts to lock on the rods which were two bits of scrap bar, worked a treat.
That's it thanks Doug.
Thing is the Erbauer has a really handy micro adjuster but the whole fence is so bendy it's worthless - basically the weakest link in a cheap product, which does have its good points in spite of being cheap.

Back