After a new combination sander - need a little advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect the hobby rating is because the belt sander element of the combined sander is belt driven, whereas on the trade unit both the belt sander and disc sanders are directly driven from either end of the motor.

Out of interest, I have the Jet and have had no problems at all with it. It gets used a lot.

paulm":2l8wigau said:
Probably not a bad idea to ask both Record and Axi' Terry, see what each says, would be interesting.

Think I'll start with RP. If I ask Axi "why is your sander £100 less than one from RP that looks just like it?" I guess it invites an obvious response. Whereas a question to RP along the lines of "I'm happy to spend £100 more on your sander than one from Axi with a near identical quoted spec, but if I am going to I need you to tell me what I am getting for the extra £100" is one you either have to answer properly or accept losing a sale.

I'll let everyone know what they say.

Terry.

Been following this with interest. Just taken delivery from Yandle’s, a Draper belt/disc 300W sander @ £109 and the Triton oscillating bobbin 450W sander @ £110.
I had to adjust the tracking on the belt sander but apart from that it seems to be a good machine (for me). I will make a few changes and see how things go.
The Triton did not work so that is going back or replaced.
I knew these were cheap-ie throw away machines but if they last for a couple of years I shall be happy....bb

Back