Advice on the best router table insert

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mighty_Genghis":2m6qpk0k said:
are the insert rings purely there to fill in the 'fresh air' between the cutter and the insert plate ? paul

You are right paul you fit in the ring that's the closest fit to the cutter. I think most holes in the plate are 3 3/4 dia to allow a 3 1/2" cutter which I think is the biggest available.

Based on Steve's review I rang Tilgear yesterday (01707 873434) and ordered the router plate. It arrived today, 22 hours after placing the order.
Cost was £29.50 + ££4.95 P&P + VAT = Total of £40.47.

It is made in Taiwan but is certainly flat and strong and I look forward to getting some time in the workshop to fix my new Triton Christmas present into it!

David Ward

Jeff,

Overall dimensions are 11" x 13." The plate has an offset edge (1/4" x 1/2") for mounting. It also has a precision milled & black anodized finish.
3-7/8" opening, 2-5/8" ring opening, 1-1/4" universal template hole ( can special order replacement rings if necessary). Adjusting and levelling set-screws built in.
This plate comes with detailed mounting instructions as well as brass starter pins and a brass centering kit to mount any router! Comes with a mounting kit and allen wrench.

The insert rings are probably plastic.not really an issue for me whether plastic or metal

Latest posts

Back