Administer CT330 thicknesses blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobblezard

1 step forward, 2 back, 2 forward - rest - repeat
Reaction score
I've just started overhauling my machinery for a planned project. First up was the Axi ct330 which has given great service over ten years. Having just turned my last set of blades I looked on the Axminster website and was somewhat horrified to find a pair if disposable blades were £52.43 almost a fiver more than resharpenable ones for the newer model.
I've eked out three sets for many years but don't think I'll be able to bring myself to pay this. Does anyone know of a cheaper source / way of using other blades? It would be a shame to pass on/ retire this machine but economy demands I use the pt260 where possible despite the faff changing over from planing mode...

A supplier that I use is Woodworking Machinery Services

I have the Record PT107 and just could not set the three knives using any method so this company sells the Esta Bruck system with double sided disposable blades but for me it means no more knife setting and the blades are really good plus cheaper than the originals from Record.

Back