Adding attachments

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawkinob

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Thought I'd post an introdution and add a couple of pictures but I'm blessed if I can sort out attaching the pictures. Any help please?
Thanks,
Bob H.
p.s. Mind not being able to do it might be a blessing for the viewers!![/img]

Hi Bob

The forum software doesn't accept attachments, but if you have an online picture host (such as Photobucket or Flickr) you can incorporate your pictures directly into your posts using the technique outlined in this thread.

Welcome aboard; I'm looking forward to seeing some of your work :) .

Gill

Thank you Gill, no offence meant but what a 'palava' to attach a picture, still I guess that there must be a reason.

Been watching on this forum for a while now, being a 'Pom' I have an attachment for things English and like to try to keep in touch. Have occasionally posted but quite reluctant being comparatively inexperienced.

Been scrolling for two and a half years and enjoying it. Much of what I cut my wife asks 'why', for example the pictures attached (which I hope get there).
As kid I had a hand saw and one of those metal table cutting 'boards' (cramped to the table top) and had a couple of Hobbies magazines. Knew of the treadle machines but no hope of getting one.
First machine was a 'toe ion the water' purchase, Chinese made sold by our local woodwork shop under their brand name, cost A$170 - 60ish pounds - then last year a Hegner lookalike, brand name WMS (I imagine very similar to the Axminster. ?From same factory?) And a few weeks ago bought a secondhand PS ScrollMate. Very pleased with the WMS and the ScrollMate.
Prefer fretwork and portraits but have done some clocks - the insert type. On a visit last year managed to find Hobbies new home (ever tried that?) and bought some plans among which were the clock and the carriage.
The carriage is Jarrah with Danish oil finish and the clock is Marri with Danish oil finish. Both timbers are eucalypts fro Western Australia. To illustrate how lacking in knowledge I am the plans said plywood but the thought of all those edges in ply wasn't appealing so I went for wood. Managed in the end.
Scrolling is very much a poor relation in the wood fraternity in Western Australia, and I think in Oz as a whole. The magazines are Yankie.
Enough from me.
Regards,
Bob H.

IMG_3436.jpg
IMG_3433.jpg

Whooooaaaa.

Those are great pieces of work! Stunning. I particularly enjoy the carriage. A project like that might actually tempt me away from jigsaw puzzles for a few weeks...

I agree- those are stunning! The accuracy of your cuts is very impressive, especially on the carriage wheels. These projects must have taken you ages to complete.

Gill

Fantastic work Bob!! =D>

Both those pieces are absolutely beautiful and mind bogglingly intricate.
The more I see of work done with the scroll saw the more things I want to have a go at. I think it's going to be some time before I would attempt anything like that though.
Apart from puzzles, carriages and clocks what else do you peeps make?
I've seen your earings Gill and am still wondering how on earth you made such tiny things and kept all your fingers, I'm assuming you do still have a full set.

Thanks for the compliment, Tanya, but they really are very simple projects - easily within the capabilities of someone who's been using a scroll saw for just a few hours.

As for avoiding cutting fingers off, I think I'll start a new thread ;) :) .

Gill

Back