A way of looking for turning ideas

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Philip....
I just had a 'look/see' there. The 'hat' is 'doffed' to you Sir, I found that very interesting.
A different way to 'think' about what possibilities are afforded at the outset, when gazing at a lump of wood !. I'd never have thought of looking towards the 'nature object' which you have used. Very Good.

I'm basically a beginner, Only been trying my hand at ths for a year, although in saying that too, I'm from an engineering background, where one is always thinking in terms of layout ( albeit pipework ) and functionality, so the 'mindset' and dexterity are possibly off to a good start from the get-go.

The media ( the wood ) however was 'alien' to me.. and in that aspect, I would have to confess to being a complete learner, having paid as much attention to the material as it took me to saw through joists and floorboards, and very little else.

Therefore, although I'm sure you're not specifically targetting a learner such as myself, any ' quality education' has to be considered as something good, and as I say, I found the 'sample' to be very interesting and informative, and will certainly provoke me into thinking about what I'm attempting to achieve, a bit more than I would have done so, had I not read it.

Congratulations on what you have done so far, and look forward to getting updates as and when you progress with the project.

I've mentioned it before, but to re-iterate... having the luxury of 'education' from Gents like ( and apologies if I miss any obvious others out.. its by no means intentional ! )... Chas, Cornucopia, Tam, Oldsoke Graham, Mark Hancock, Bob Chapman and indeed yourself etc etc is absolutely invaluable to guys like myself, and no doubt to more 'experienced folk' too.
The Keith Rowley Book is a great place to start.. but getting pointers and ideas from contributors here is terrific back up to that.

Long may that continue, and thanks Phillip, an enjoyable read, for sure !

:) 8)

Philip, I would agree entirly with what Jenx has said about the people on this site how helpful they have all been, and many others as well,
Everything I read on the site has had an influence on what i've learned .It's great to be able to scrool back and find an answer to your turning problem.
Looking forward to the rest of your articles, some which will be over my head I'm sure but others will have comments to make and thats where Imay learn something. REgards Boysie

Latest posts

Back