a shower

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Took this picture last week in the showery weather which I found unusual, one half of the table was getting the shower whilst the other was dry.

showerw.jpg

I suppose all showers have to end somewhere. I bet it's rare to find it so well defined on a table. I've seen it before where one half of my cricket ground (I'm the groundsman) gets wet whilst the other half is bathed in sunshine - it's a spooky feeling.

Had that on a bus in Scarborough once, Chucking it down to the left, baking sun to the right. Fully two minutes travel.

xy

DW If that is so...why is the bench to the left also dry? :D
I suspect the dropleaf hasn't been exposed to weathering because it's been down, when it's been left up the protective stain is still doing it's job beading up the water. Nice idea though.

Alan

I remember sitting at a traffic light cross roads in Manchester watching the rain.

I noticed that my side of the cross roads was hammering down with rain and dark clouds and the cars had lights on and pedestrians were using brollies while on the other side of the cross roads it was sunny and dry.

It was wierd!

I've seen two sides of the street opposite my house like that.
One rain, the other sun.

Considering how many people I've spoken to have had similar things happen, it mustn't be as rare as most people would think.

Back