A plea to the moderators and Charley

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Student":12a6lmt3 said:
First of all, I must confess that my original post was done a bit tongue in cheek but, obviously, I did touch a nerve. As such, my thanks to all who have contributed to the discussion and I agree wholeheartedly with all the, sensible, comments made – the off topic ones gave me the pip :D. Of the comments made, I think that Rafezetter expressed better than me what I was trying to say – thanks Rafe. My thanks too to Noel as I appreciate the work that the moderators do on this forum and I would not dream of adding to their load.

I also agree with Sunnybob and others that I don’t have to read all these point scoring exchanges but, occasionally, there are some useful items hidden by the “noise”.

I think that what led me to post was that, what others might regard as discussion and debate, certain items that I read seem to me to be unworthy of the name “discussion”. I pick one example - “It gets a bit boring all these feeble attempts at character assassination but they tend to come from idiots who have lost the argument and have nothing of interest to say.” However, before the author of that particular comment takes issue with me, there were similar comments by others on that thread.

Is it now time to lock this thread, following Andy’s Wood Shed’s suggestion, as my question has been satisfactorily answered?

Hi.
Don't worry, no nerves touched, there'll a cool bunch here.
As much as Andy is a fine individual members having the ability to close threads would be an absolute 'mare, for many reasons. And as for locking this thread, with respect, no way. Long established practice is to generally ignore such requests. Threads fade away, disappear into the blue oblivion which is the best way.

Phil.P: the one England weren't playing in. They lost the wooden spoon match on Sat...... : )
Bit of a false dawn with all this "coming home" lark, we'll see.

@Noel: I thanked you for your post 2nd above, EXCEPT you reference to "the match". Like phil.p I have no idea what you're talking about there, and don't wish to either :D

Probably a tennis match - it's that time of year; string bats, sweaty women, strawberries etc.

Ah ......... Here we've just had the final of the Women's Beach Volley Ball Championships (half way up a mountain would you believe!) Now that's a sport I don't mind watching while I'm waiting for the only sport that interests me to come on ("Moto GP").

AES":12nbk9wn said:
Ah ......... Here we've just had the final of the Women's Beach Volley Ball Championships (half way up a mountain would you believe!) Now that's a sport I don't mind watching while I'm waiting for the only sport that interests me to come on ("Moto GP").

Sad times recently in the RR world, William Dunlop being the latest and the nicest of gentlemen you'll ever meet.
Be good to see Jonny Rea move up to Moto GP from WSBK next year, apparently has a few offers.

Yeah, never met him but heard of him. Very sad. Tom Luthi (Swiss) having BIG problems this year in GP (basically lack of money I think) so rumoured to be going back to Moto 2 next year.

"Nice" that Marc Marquez won AGAIN at Sachsenring yesterday (NINTH time in a row would you believe - wins in all 3 classes too) but great to see Rossi come 2nd (his best result this year, after 2, or I think maybe 3 3rds).

Lorenzo? Typical of an (IMO) arrogant "Jonnie come lately" Spaniard!

Again, all my own opinions. To me anyway, MUCH more interesting (and usually much closer racing too) than Formula 1.

Thread drift or what????

I actually think if you're in the right mood, it's quite amusing watching 2 (or more!) people trading blows!

Nobody on the internet ever admits they're wrong but a lurking third party not involved in the arguing can learn a lot from the info being traded.

Who won the nib battle anyway? Did it go to penalties?

AES":vnas968e said:
Don't know anything about beach volleyball, I just like the tight bikini knickers the ladies wear! (MCP or what) :D

I'm surprised they make them in your size. Most of the ladies who usually wear them in competition are rather slim and trim.

And just how do you know my size "CC"? Been peeking again eh? "I've told you about that before my boy, nothing good will come of it."

:D

Latest posts

Back