A plea to the moderators and Charley

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apple juice be one of your 4 a day

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

CHJ":2mek1anh said:
ColeyS1":2mek1anh said:
Apple juice be one of your 4 a day

Core, that sounds ap-peel-ing.
I tiz Chas. I found thee wurzel tree ere lad
1b87dcdf124a905a595eb4929f477a91.jpg

While I do understand the OP's reasons, for all the (good IMO) reasons already posted, "Nah" is MO to the OP's suggestion.

AES":2rvxnivz said:
While I do understand the Op's reasons, for all the (good IMO) reasons already posted, "Nah" is MO.
Let the threads go naturally ma beaut innit. Tis bleedy luvely imho how threads can go off on a tangent

Or allow the OP to close the thread once he was satisfied with the answers provided and he thought the thread was going off topic

andys wood shed":15cgrvdt said:
Or allow the OP to close the thread once he was satisfied with the answers provided and he thought the thread was going off topic
But no one knows who's gonna post something relevant. I seen resurrected posts 4-5 years old that have brought something new to the chat. Everything seems to happen so quickly nowadays. Technology is evolving that quickly that you have to wade through the fog and get to the good stuff.

ColeyS1":1ra8xz7d said:
andys wood shed":1ra8xz7d said:
But no one knows who's gonna post something relevant. I seen resurrected posts 4-5 years old that have brought something new to the chat. Everything seems to happen so quickly nowadays. Technology is evolving that quickly that you have to wade through the fog and get to the good stuff.

But most times you can't see the wood for the trees.....

I hear you scaredycat ! I need to reel in my expenditure
There's a disco version of Drink up thy Zider? I must get out more. :(
Blackbird song, Dorset is Beautiful & Twice daily were my favourites.

thetyreman":175jwwck said:
I also strongly oppose students suggestion, we need to allow healthy discussion and sometimes arguments, it's important.

He didn't say "cut if off" - he simply asked for it to be moved - if a person asks a question and someone gives an on topic reply, great. IF the same replying person feels they wish to add extra that is either partially or fully offtopic then the "contentious issues" section could be where that person could start a thread, link the orignal thread that started the discussion, but then carry on in whatever tangent they wish.

The original OP stays clean and allows those people posting ON TOPIC replies to be seen, and the rest of the bickering can continue "outside".

@ Noel Sure this is a forum where debates can change, but it's also a place where knowledge is given and sometimes it can be bloody hard to wade through the muck, and even though seasoned members start to auto filter, this also makes it unfair to those who would be ordinarily ignored when they have something relevant to say.

Robbo3":2ahkni7n said:
I hear you scaredycat ! I need to reel in my expenditure
There's a disco version of Drink up thy Zider? I must get out more. :(
Blackbird song, Dorset is Beautiful & Twice daily were my favourites.
It's not there finest version Robbo lol. I thought I may have regretted the album purchase this morning but I've just listened to all of it again and tiz fantastic ! Even more worryingly I'm excited about the tambourine coming next week!

phil.p":3sgbbnkz said:
ColeyS1":3sgbbnkz said:
I tiz Chas. I found thee wurzel tree ere lad
1b87dcdf124a905a595eb4929f477a91.jpg

Why are you about to throw paint stripper on that poor tree? :D
Ha ha, not a chance Phil ! I never use to be a cider drinker until one day out at a local fair.
Biggest error I made a few weeks ago was suggesting in return for doing several favours for my neighbour and their friends, they could get me some cider instead of me charging them properly. Now ' I am the cider drinker' and will be for the next couple months ! Lol

First of all, I must confess that my original post was done a bit tongue in cheek but, obviously, I did touch a nerve. As such, my thanks to all who have contributed to the discussion and I agree wholeheartedly with all the, sensible, comments made – the off topic ones gave me the pip :D. Of the comments made, I think that Rafezetter expressed better than me what I was trying to say – thanks Rafe. My thanks too to Noel as I appreciate the work that the moderators do on this forum and I would not dream of adding to their load.

I also agree with Sunnybob and others that I don’t have to read all these point scoring exchanges but, occasionally, there are some useful items hidden by the “noise”.

I think that what led me to post was that, what others might regard as discussion and debate, certain items that I read seem to me to be unworthy of the name “discussion”. I pick one example - “It gets a bit boring all these feeble attempts at character assassination but they tend to come from idiots who have lost the argument and have nothing of interest to say.” However, before the author of that particular comment takes issue with me, there were similar comments by others on that thread.

Is it now time to lock this thread, following Andy’s Wood Shed’s suggestion, as my question has been satisfactorily answered?

I was gonna post an update on my double row 16 jingle at the weekend though. I've heard so many tracks this morning that I reckon it would sound with. Kodaline, mumford & sons and obviously the wurzels. I wish it was here right now ! Lol

Well this finishes off a productive morning in the shop.
3343a8a8878b963e98d8860ecf2d2265.jpg

It's only a single row with 5 jingles but I think it sounds quite good. The one being delivered should be epic ! Off home to practice now ;@)

Student":10m634rt said:
........I think that what led me to post was that, what others might regard as discussion and debate, certain items that I read seem to me to be unworthy of the name “discussion”. I pick one example - “It gets a bit boring all these feeble attempts at character assassination but they tend to come from idiots who have lost the argument and have nothing of interest to say.” .....
Well what can I say?
It gets a bit boring all these feeble attempts at character assassination but they tend to come from idiots who have lost the argument and have nothing of interest to say.
Disagree by all means but if they stick to the subject and restrain the urge to be sarcastic or personal then these threads would be shorter. This thread wouldn't exist at all as the OP's only purpose is to stir up an argument.

ColeyS1":l41kveu2 said:
Well this finishes off a productive morning in the shop.
3343a8a8878b963e98d8860ecf2d2265.jpg

It's only a single row with 5 jingles but I think it sounds quite good. The one being delivered should be epic ! Off home to practice now ;@)

I was about ask what tool that half moon thing was.......

rafezetter":38wmh2zd said:
thetyreman":38wmh2zd said:
I also strongly oppose students suggestion, we need to allow healthy discussion and sometimes arguments, it's important.

He didn't say "cut if off" - he simply asked for it to be moved - if a person asks a question and someone gives an on topic reply, great. IF the same replying person feels they wish to add extra that is either partially or fully offtopic then the "contentious issues" section could be where that person could start a thread, link the orignal thread that started the discussion, but then carry on in whatever tangent they wish.

The original OP stays clean and allows those people posting ON TOPIC replies to be seen, and the rest of the bickering can continue "outside".

@ Noel Sure this is a forum where debates can change, but it's also a place where knowledge is given and sometimes it can be bloody hard to wade through the muck, and even though seasoned members start to auto filter, this also makes it unfair to those who would be ordinarily ignored when they have something relevant to say.

Hi.

"Wading through the muck"? No muck here, I assure you : ). Seriously, as I said before, and you agree, it's a forum. It's a popular forum too so there will be long threads as members help, discuss and at times, argue and debate, various issues and topics. They'll wander away from the core issue at times but there you go, to me that the beauty of this forum. Very little different from nearly every other forum on the net. Much as I said in my last post splitting topics up and having some sort of car park for what a few deem as off topic or irrelevant (or even contentious, whatever that may mean....) to the opening post would, as most of the posts in this thread reflect, not work.

I enjoyed the match this afternoon, Modric deserved his award. In TdF John Degenkolb finally got back to his old form after his accident, the pave/cobbles took a few prisoners, sadly BMC's Richie Porte was one of them.

Latest posts

Back