A nice haul - Stanley #7

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keefaz

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, all.

I managed to pick up a #7 in smashing condition from one of my dad's mates. He took £60 for it, which seems OK considering the prices I've seen on eBay, etc.

Of course, it's so big there's no room for it in the plane rack I made last weekend. I might have to give it a shelf of its own. It did, however, give me a good excuse to make a nice big shooting board--which I've been putting off for ages. I suspect it's only now that I've actually been capable of making accurate 90 deg cuts etc. so maybe that procrastination has worked out for the best.

Anywya, this is absolutely the last plane I'm ever going to buy. Honest. :wink:

Keith.

Hi Keith

I dont believe you as there are no pic's :wink:

Well done that was a good price :)

Keefaz":3lmtcp1a said:
Of course, it's so big there's no room for it in the plane rack I made last weekend.
Musta missed that illustrated post... :wink:

Keefaz":3lmtcp1a said:
Anywya, this is absolutely the last plane I'm ever going to buy. Honest. :wink:
<Guffaw> :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":1s2k9hbq said:
Keefaz":1s2k9hbq said:
Of course, it's so big there's no room for it in the plane rack I made last weekend.
Musta missed that illustrated post... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

:) Well, here's a photo of the culprit:

planessd1.jpg

As you can see, there wasn't really much point in a post for the rack: just some B&Q-type pine I had lying around screwed onto a bit of MDF. :lol: I suspect it was a bit of a waste of time as I should've made it about twice the size... And that red Stanley 102 doesn't really belong on there, but half my stuff is still boxed away after moving house and it looked empty without it. :lol:

You can see I might've gone a little mad over the size of that shooting board. I'll see how it is to use and maybe I'll, um, re-dimension if is it's a pain in the proverbial.

Keefaz

I can definitely see you making more of those racks for the planes tha you say you are not going to buy.

It would look super if there was an LN or LV in the collection.

Back