a little hello

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gandy

Established Member
Reaction score
hi, im andy, i make organic jewellery for streatched earlobes as well as some PTFE im new-ish to wood turning having done it at school a few years back, i doubt i will be much help to others, but i hope you can be of some help from time to time

anyway here is some of my work
24mm walnut/olive double inlay
stuff220.jpg

16mm osage orange mayan flaires (two pairs on the left) and walnut mayan flaire
stuff219.jpg

30mm walnut/ osage orange with CZ inlay
stuff213.jpg

gabon ebony eyelets
stuff200.jpg

while i wont be shocked if noone heres understands what there for or anything ive just said, i do need help from time to time

1st question, african ebony? anybody know where i can get some 1.5"X1.5" anywhere but timberline? there a bit expensive for me and wondered if anyone knew somewhere? google dosnt turn up much

so thanks and hello again

gandy":1v6dx8cg said:
24mm walnut/olive double inlay
stuff220.jpg

16mm osage orange mayan flaires (two pairs on the left) and walnut mayan flaire
stuff219.jpg

30mm walnut/ osage orange with CZ inlay
stuff213.jpg

gabon ebony eyelets
stuff200.jpg

Welcome to the forum gandy, your pics got caught in the spam trap, it will leave you alone after a few posts.

Certainly a subject we haven't seen before.

i did wonder why they didnt show up, hehe, i thought it would be something non of you have seen before, but its what i do, and i learn a "living" off doing it, while im sure most have seen kids with big lobe piercings its something much deeper than just looks to me, i have a fair few other parts pierced but we wont go into that ;) hehehe

Not my scene at all piercing but each to his own. Welcome to the forum, the turning looks good. I guess you need to be careful what woods you use as well as finishes.

Pete

hello and welcome gandy

theres a couple of members on here with earplugs- I helped sort some bogoak wood out for a member a few weeks ago, he was going to make some plugs with it.

Bodrighy":299ts3xi said:
Not my scene at all piercing but each to his own. Welcome to the forum, the turning looks good. I guess you need to be careful what woods you use as well as finishes.

Pete

yes indeed, is why i asked about where i can get african ebony, as for finishes is just sand, and then oil with vitamin e oil, and if asked for the front and back waxed with bees wax.

cornucopia":17ktk1p1 said:
hello and welcome gandy

theres a couple of members on here with earplugs- I helped sort some bogoak wood out for a member a few weeks ago, he was going to make some plugs with it.

ahhh so im not the only one

dont feel so left out now :p

Hello and welcome Grandy! my daughter has a stretched earlobe piercing and suggested I make some, but I don't really fancy doing jewelry at this point.
Yours look good! and are a bit different to the normal things on here!
Nice! =D>

P.S I can just see Chas with a nice 4 inch tube! :lol: :lol:

mrs. sliver":1xig4ztp said:
:shock: :shock:

Don't get personal :!:

Oh :!: :!: see what you mean, no-way, never, no, no No.

mrs. sliver":3rdpnvyp said:
Hello and welcome Grandy! my daughter has a stretched earlobe piercing and suggested I make some, but I don't really fancy doing jewelry at this point.
Yours look good! and are a bit different to the normal things on here!
Nice! =D>

if you ever do i could tell you what woods are ok to use, and what ones are a huge no no but their a walk in the park to make, some just take a little time like the inlayed ones

Welcome Andy. I don't have a stretched ear lobe but of all the piercings, I quite like the look of them. If I was younger and not married I'd probably indulge ;) I'm too busy ruining my body with tattoos ;)

1.5"X1.5"X12" would last me a while ive found an other place that stocks it, just waiting to see if they have my size, why did you have some??

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x171 ... uff223.jpg

what ive been upto over the weekend and last night, 12mm and 14mm PTFE transcrotal bars for my piercer quentin @ kalima, worthing and 16mm holly eyelets and 16mm ebony with wenge inlays

Back