Hello All advice on routing service

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan3088

Reaction score
Hello everyone im new to the board and wood working. I am currently building a stand for my cinema speakers and i would like the base to be routed out of hard wood american walnut preferably. I have the 3d cad file i have designed but i require advice on the best place to get it made or some one to contact who could help. I am willing to pay of course for the service but commercial operations have asked for alot to set up the tooling and do the production. If any one can help i would really appreciate it.

Dan3088":2gknwhn9 said:
Hello everyone im new to the board and wood working. I am currently building a stand for my cinema speakers and i would like the base to be routed out of hard wood american walnut preferably. I have the 3d cad file i have designed but i require advice on the best place to get it made or some one to contact who could help. I am willing to pay of course for the service but commercial operations have asked for alot to set up the tooling and do the production. If any one can help i would really appreciate it.

Can you post a rendering out of your CAD program, to give people an idea of what's involved?

BugBear

When you say commercial operations have asked for "a lot", how much are we talking?
Some peoples perspective on "a lot" are very different so it would be worth clarifying.
If you expect to find someone to do it for £50 then its unrealistic whereas if you are being quoted thousands then someone on here can probably help you.

The design is not particularly complex but well beyond ability. As for cost iv been quoated in the region of £200-300.

Without seeing it. That dosent sound far off. When you cost in materials, labour, machinery deprectiation and profit.

As above nobody can really help with out dome more detail

Back