Wood Saw advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madera

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am on a look out for a wood Saw that will allow me to cut intricate pieces of wood intended to make into jewellery.

Any advice/ direction will be helpful.

Something like this -

If it's all on the flat you are looking at a scroll saw and/or fret saw. Definitions are not set in stone but the former is a power saw with a table against which you rest the work - that is what is in the video. The latter is a hand held bow saw. Both have very fine delicate saw blades that depending on the grade often you can literally cut sharp corners with.

There is a specific scroll saw section on here, I would suggest reading the sticky posts on there as first port of call.

If it's all on the flat you are looking at a scroll saw and/or fret saw. Definitions are not set in stone but the former is a power saw with a table against which you rest the work - that is what is in the video. The latter is a hand held bow saw. Both have very fine delicate saw blades that depending on the grade often you can literally cut sharp corners with.

There is a specific scroll saw section on here, I would suggest reading the sticky posts on there as first port of call.
Thank you

Back