a little demolition job

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still no reply to the emails : this morning's was rather terse - is there anyone there?
I shall try phoning in the morning, if not I have already composed the letter to my local county councillor, whom I happen to know. It stinks.

Jasper42":1rs0rusv said:
I had my car tailended, driver drove off but left quite a bit of number plate. Police were not intested, I worked the possible numbers and did an internet search, found the correct van with the personal number plate and then found it for sale on e-bay. Once again police not interested but my insurance company was. They took him to court in the end to get him to pay up.

I once had my car stolen and in a letter summarising their findings, the police said, "a suspect was seen driving a car similar to yours but we only have a partial number plate reading so we don't have enough evidence to proceed with the case."
The car was a bit unusual being a pale metallic green Alfa Romeo which would have been easy to identify and why
was "the suspect" not asked to prove whose car he was driving?

p.s. I used to be a policeman but am glad I am long out of it.

Might be getting somewhere - spoke to a very helpful guy at the C.C. offices who found that mt emails were going to spam, and the pdf was far too large for their system. Why the first email went through normally and the rest went to spam I can only wonder. The clinical waste is handled by a contractor (good, because there was no crest on the doors) and he remembers somewhere seeing an email about a damaged vehicle. He's getting back to me.

phil.p":1ehy5do7 said:
Might be getting somewhere - spoke to a very helpful guy at the C.C. offices who found that mt emails were going to spam, and the pdf was far too large for their system. Why the first email went through normally and the rest went to spam I can only wonder. The clinical waste is handled by a contractor (good, because there was no crest on the doors) and he remembers somewhere seeing an email about a damaged vehicle. He's getting back to me.

Letter from Cornwall Council to Mr Phil P

Dear Mr P, We are writing to you to claim compensation for your wall jumping out and colliding with our lorry. This is unacceptable and you should be keeping your wall under better control. Attached is the estimate for repairs to our vehicle and we look forward to your immediate settlement.

Yours faithfully

Ivor SmallOne

Council Coffer Replenishment Officer

Sorted.
A very helpful guy at the council told me the form to fill out that would go to the right department, a guy phoned from the subcontractor to ask for any info I could provide (getting better, no denial) so I sent the photo of the wall. My boy had managed to take a 7 second clip from the pdf and send it the night before, so their customer services should have got it, but I tried the pdf again as it was going somewhere else. Ten minutes later I had the guy on the phone again saying very sorry, Mr P, it was one of ours If you get three quotes and send them to our depot, we'll get the damaged sorted. I've three builders who are friends coming to price. I might get a couple of gate posts put in into the bargain, for my troubles. I don't feel inclined to be nice, and I hope they dock the driver's wages. :evil:
Funny enough, one of my friends I spoke to said you know Jack that worked for me? I said yes. He said Jack's van had been written of in a shunt by a hit and run last weekend. Unfortunately the driver didn't realise he'd left his whole bumper complete with number plate behind. :lol:

Back