Isn't it nice when ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
A single older lady moved in a couple of doors away twelve months or so ago, and I spoke to her occasionally when working in my workshop. She came over one day and asked if I could repair a part of her easel, and if so she'd pay me. I duly repaired it and dropped it on the roof of her small car by the driver's door as I couldn't get the wheelchair to her front door. A few days later I asked if it fitted and she looked a little blank - you haven't given it to me yet, she said. I put it on the roof of car ............ oh, no, sorry, I didn't see it and drove off. Don't worry about it, I said, I'll knock up another one. It was the adjustable sliding block. I found a bit of scrap mahogany, cut the dovetail out of the back and found a 6mm threaded key that I'd chucked in the "it might come in handy" box only a few days before. I sent the boy over with it and told him if she offered to pay for it to refuse it.
Anywaaaay ...... she was having some groundwork done and a low wall taken down. As I still have hole in my wall where a Biffa driver drove through it and didn't stop (long story) I asked if I could have any of the blocks that came out whole. Yes, he said , fine, did I want the wall rebuilt? I said I had to get it done at some stage but we've a load of expense coming up so it could wait. We'll rebuild it for you, he said, for the cost of the sand and cement (only eight or nine blocks). OK, I said, fine.
Later in the afternoon, job done. How much do I owe you? Nothing, he said, you look after my mother. :D

Happy days. It's nice when everyone's not just take take take isn't it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back