A little beauty !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank S

Established Member
Reaction score
Marker 2.jpg
I picked up this little beauty at the weekend. The body is brass faced ebony, the shaft I think is gunmetal with brass end caps.The moveable point is on a fine screw thread running through the shaft to give a micro adjustment. The one let down is there is no makers name on the gauge, so can anybody help please.
Frank S.

Attachments

• Marker 1.jpg
    Marker 1.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 257
  • Marker 2.jpg
    Marker 2.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 257
Those are normally marked somewhere on the curved sides of the head.

Look very carefully, in strong raking light; you might be lucky.

BugBear

Frank S":2stzhf5x said:
Thanks BB, I`ve had a good look and it`s as smooth as a babies bottle.
F.

In that case it will be REALLY hard to ID - that design was very standardised/traditional.

Imagine (by analogy) trying to ID an unmarked coffin smoother.

BugBear

It was really just a shot in the dark in case somebody had one similar, but thanks anyway.
F.

I have one that looks identical, no name on that either apart from the users name.

They are very nice, mine came with a square and bevel for a couple of quid at a car boot.

Pete

+1 - mine looks identical, with no name. Came from an antique shop somewhere in Cornwall, so it's now a long way from home in Aberdeenshire. And before anyone says "antique shop????", it only cost £3.

Frank S":2zo80elf said:
It was really just a shot in the dark in case somebody had one similar, but thanks anyway.
F.

Oh, I've got one similar. They're all similar. :D

BugBear

Latest posts

Back