A good weekend

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveL

Established Member
Reaction score
We had the grand children for the weekend. :D I picked them up from school on the Friday afternoon and before we had got to the car, Nathaniel (6) announced he needed me to help him make a frame. :shock:

It turned out his mum had got an autographed picture of an actress from a programme he likes. So into the shop to sort out some timber. 8)
I spent time trying to saw plane and thickness a bit of recycled pine pew while he picked up the shavings from under the lathe and asked if it was finished yet. :roll:
I cut the rebates on the table saw, they needed a little cleaning up, so stood on the hop up I got him planing the flush.
4469599351_c94634cdbc.jpg

He is using one of my Christmas presents
4470378516_005598acb7.jpg

The miniature Veritas shoulder plane, it was just the right size. :)
So after he had gone to bed I went back out to the shop and glued the frame and cut some acrylic sheet and hard board to fit. Sunday morning it was all assembled much to his delight.
4469600909_ba176c3fd4.jpg

He went home a very happy chap.

What a great way to spend the weekend Dave. Bet hes telling all his little friends about it at school tomorrow

Nice one Dave. I hope you made the little man do all the cleaning up afterwards!

Cheers

Karl

Karl":n59d5j5g said:
I hope you made the little man do all the cleaning up afterwards!
That is never a problem, he loves using the dust extractor, there is a long clear hose that goes up to the soil pipe in the roof space, seeing the shavings going up holds his attention nicely. 8) :D

Latest posts

Back