A good day out at the Bentley Wood Fair

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adzeman

Established Member
Reaction score
Just returned home after the visiting the Bentley Wood Fair we had a great day out even the trouble and strife enjoyed herself. t was well attended and there were plenty of stands. (I found the saw mill powered by a steam engine interesting) This year there were six stands selling tools for which I had a shopping list. All my requirements were there but had to by the Henry Disston saw on sale for only £15.00 I mean it is a Disston. My main requirement was to buy a compass plane for a future project. There were a number there ranging from £50.00 to a £100 00 but the wife objected on the premis it was a waste of money. If she had not been there I would have bought one and even the Norris Plane on sale for £250.00 but in the end I spent £38.00. I have pictures of my purchases which I consider good value.
Of interest I bought a roofing bevel gauge for a couple of quid again not on my shopping list but I thought it interesting and a good conversation piece. The shovel was on the list to assist me in building my new driveway.

DSCN4786.JPG

DSCN4787.JPG

DSCN4788.JPG

hammer n nails":h60t96rw said:
i went yesterday very good day out

Me too. Always a a good event. Sad to say the good quality furniture making has declined pretty drastically over the years, but I guess it isn't really that sort of event. I bought one of those inflatable sandinding drums complete with belt for £2 from the G&M Tools stand and was well pleased. Oh yes, and the elderly couple running the organic refreshments tent had some seriously excellent cake. What more could you want!

Jim

Back