A good day out at the Bentley Wood Fair

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adzeman

Established Member
Reaction score
Just returned home after the visiting the Bentley Wood Fair we had a great day out even the trouble and strife enjoyed herself. t was well attended and there were plenty of stands. (I found the saw mill powered by a steam engine interesting) This year there were six stands selling tools for which I had a shopping list. All my requirements were there but had to by the Henry Disston saw on sale for only £15.00 I mean it is a Disston. My main requirement was to buy a compass plane for a future project. There were a number there ranging from £50.00 to a £100 00 but the wife objected on the premis it was a waste of money. If she had not been there I would have bought one and even the Norris Plane on sale for £250.00 but in the end I spent £38.00. I have pictures of my purchases which I consider good value.
Of interest I bought a roofing bevel gauge for a couple of quid again not on my shopping list but I thought it interesting and a good conversation piece. The shovel was on the list to assist me in building my new driveway.

DSCN4786.JPG

DSCN4787.JPG

DSCN4788.JPG

hammer n nails":h60t96rw said:
i went yesterday very good day out

Me too. Always a a good event. Sad to say the good quality furniture making has declined pretty drastically over the years, but I guess it isn't really that sort of event. I bought one of those inflatable sandinding drums complete with belt for £2 from the G&M Tools stand and was well pleased. Oh yes, and the elderly couple running the organic refreshments tent had some seriously excellent cake. What more could you want!

Jim

Latest posts

Back