A few more boxes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumberman

Established Member
Reaction score
These are a few more boxes that I've made.
Harry.

Attachments

• Ballerina 01.jpg
    Ballerina 01.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,474
  • Ballerina 02.jpg
    Ballerina 02.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,474
  • IMG_2201 copy.jpg
    IMG_2201 copy.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,474
  • IMG_2202 copy.jpg
    IMG_2202 copy.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 1,474
  • IMG_2417.JPG
    IMG_2417.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,474
  • IMG_3526 copy.jpg
    IMG_3526 copy.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,474
  • Large and small Floral copy.jpg
    Large and small Floral copy.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,474
Really excellent work -- have promised myself to make some in 2015 -- although doubtful if to your standard!

John

Scroll sawing at it's very best. I does not get better than what you have created. The patience of a saint and an excellent eye for detail.

Those are seriously good. Love the inlays and the detail on the wedding box. Your work is an inspiration.
Sam

Harry what do you use for the finish on the Flower Boxes at the top? I made a box out of Silver Birch from our garden a few weeks back but haven't got round to finishing it yet...... any tips welcome.
Cheers
Brian

Very lovely =D> I particularly like the floral boxes, are these your own designs?
Gill

Wow! Just wow!
They are all beautifully crafted and finished with some lovely details.
This one in particular, blows me away though.

file.php

Just awesome. 8)

The topping for the boxes are made up of layers each one is laid and then glued on to the top of the other.
It is difficult to explain on the Forum and for legal reasons I can't show any patterns. This pattern I originally used as an inlay on a Tea tray but it looks just as nice as an overlay, and is much easier to do.

Have you done any inlays before Brian? if so there are various silhouette patters you can try, if not why not have a go?
If you need any help send me a P.M.

These boxes are not entirely my own design Gill, the boxes themselves are very simple and are my own creation, but the
floral design is not (I'm not that clever) Although I'm working on one at the moment which is an oblong one, and is to be partly inlay and part overlay (Hopefully)

just curious, how do you do the top of the 5th box? The hollow bead type thing on the top. I may not be explaining this well, it's tricky without being able to point at it lol, damn limitations of written language

Latest posts

Back