A clever way of using a chainsaw to cut wood.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not even wearing gloves.

I saw a youtube video of a guy cutting logs for bowl blanks by holding them with his foot - not recommended even with proper boots. However this guy was wearing open toed sandals. American, of course.

K.

I have t admit that the last time I used a chain saw was yesterday morning. Only to cut small stuff, but I had shorts, and flip flops on. Not even steel toecap flip flops..

But it was one of these, only it was the battery version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk1LpgUPcr4

I olso have a Sthill petrol saw and wouldn't even think of using it without the proper gear. My Aillgator is worth its weight in gold and so safe and easy to use..

Who ever thought of the design for that saw was a real smarty pants and it would be so easy to make a saw with just the top guard for the amature market. The only restriction that I can see is that you wouldn't be able to do plunge cuts with it and what DIY person would normally use plunge cuts. If you had that guard and had a kick back the worst you would get would be a bleedin great bruse from a clout from the guard. The chain is covered and the guard just moves back when it comes into contact with the wood being cut..

I like the note underneath:

"Normally, two hands are required to guide the chainsaw and start the chain spinning process."

A useful design feature that reduces the chance of either of them being sawn off.

Back