How to test drive a chainsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all my chainsaws are Echo......older sthil's are Ok but the modern stuff just aint upto it.....beside they need a laptop to check em now.....

One of mine went down and was in the middle of a big job.....the guy put a hole in the fuel tank......
wife was in Lidils as a stroke of luck they were selling Petrol c/saws.....
took a chance to get the job done....€145 euros.....what a good peice of kit.....plus 3 year warranty.....
whats to loose....big plus for me it has a spring type start system......u pull the cord to wind the spring, then it decides when to crank the saw.....even with arthritus in my shoulders I can start it easily.....
I was given a biggish Husqy but due to compression I couldn't spin it fast enough, it was given away again.....lol....

just looking for a decent 8" batt jobby, any recomends other than Makita at nearly 400euros....

One of mine went down and was in the middle of a big job.....the guy put a hole in the fuel tank......
wife was in Lidils as a stroke of luck they were selling Petrol c/saws.....
took a chance to get the job done....€145 euros.....what a good peice of kit.....plus 3 year warranty.....
A number of years ago I had 7 or 8 trees which needed to come down, they were about 20+ ft high. Apparently it cost a hundred quid each to get it done professionally so I went to B&Q and purchased a saw for I think £80 then some oil etc.

Over a few evenings I laid them low and when taking the branches to the recycling center I met an old friend who was happy to come and pick up the trunks for firewood.

I used the saw very seldom and a few years later fuel began running from it.

I discovered that the fuel lines had disintegrated and had to be replaced. It was a very awkward and fiddly job.

I reckon maybe a more expensive saw would have had better lines etc.

Maybe Parkside would be better than B&Q I know I've had good service from and tools I've bought.

Regarding the fuel lines rotting, it's a problem with a lot of kit since they added bio ethanol to petrol. It only stays fresh for a few weeks, rots fuel lines and gums up the carbs. It's OK if you use the tools regularly, but if you leave them for months between uses I've found it a problem. I run my 2 stroke stuff on Motomix or Aspen. It's more expensive but the tools just start easily after being laid up

Back