A bloody good idea

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, instead of one vacuum you move to each machine, with one short hose on it, you now have 5 potentially very long hoses/pipework permanently fixed and going to one single manifold!
The potential for massive loss in power in those runs is going to give dramatic pressure drop, as it looks like only 2" pipe.

Good in theory, probably great with a twin or triple camvac extractor, but would kill normal shop vacuum performance I expect.

A 'dramatic pressure drop' can surely only be a good thing in a vaccum system. Just saying...
Yes, you're technically correct. It would be a pressure rise causing reduction in vacuum effect.

Maybe should have said "...Causing a massive loss in cfm and suction, thus reducing the efficiency of the system ..."

Brilliant idea in-spite of comments above nonetheless ; as it will reduce dust in general and facilitate dust collecion if more than more machine source.

So, instead of one vacuum you move to each machine, with one short hose on it, you now have 5 potentially very long hoses/pipework permanently fixed and going to one single manifold!
The potential for massive loss in power in those runs is going to give dramatic pressure drop, as it looks like only 2" pipe.

Good in theory, probably great with a twin or triple camvac extractor, but would kill normal shop vacuum performance I expect.
Most decent Vacs have a 4 or 5-metre hose - the 5 new hoses didn't magically become "very long" - because each hose is dedicated to a single machine I would think some became shorter. I thought it was a brilliant idea for his very small workshop.

Latest posts

Back