Multico M1 Morticer Repair Help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark18PLL

Established Member
Reaction score
Afternoon, I have put a few posts on about purchasing a Multico M1 Morticer. I am in the process of giving it a good clean up but need to replace the metal wire that holds the weight, its bloody heavy and I cant think how best to get it out and wondered if anyone has by chance done this? Thanks Mark

Attachments

• IMG_1416.JPG
    IMG_1416.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1417.JPG
    IMG_1417.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
I used to have a Multico and had to replace the wire a few times but sure the back just screwed off on mine, think it was maybe a K1 though. I know that isn't much help but I was mainly posting to say do get on with changing the wire as mine did snap a couple of times and both times I got a fair whack on the shoulder from the rapidly descending handle!

I had to replace a worn rope which held the weight.
I decided to lower the machine to the horizontal position and fit a wire rope.
Warning - the top end of these machines is MUCH heavier then you might expect.
I thought I could do this on my own. Wrong. I was unable to hold the weight and it crashed down and caught my ankle and foot. Several weeks of painful reminder.
I still think it is best to lower the machine to do this job, but please make sure you have help to control the lowering.

As already said, lay the machine on its back so there's no load on the cable, and then undo it.

I would be tempted to replace the cord for a decent chain and replace the pulley with another one that can accommodate the chain.

Back