9” bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaybo

Reaction score
Hi it’s probablybeen posted before but looking for a small bandsaw 9”, there seems to be a big difference in prices but a lot seem to look very similar. What’s everyones opinions?

9" refers to the wheel size, that is only going to cut about two or maybe three inches of wood, and if its hardwood, it will do it very very slowly.
You need to decide the use its going to be put to, then buy the correct size saw to cope with it.

pcb1962":171qh4or said:
Peter Millard has several videos about small bandsaws on his Youtube channel, they may be of interest: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=peter ... be+bandsaw
My opinion would be to not buy anything smaller than 12" - Record BS300E is popular, I've had one for many years, very happy with it.

I had a Record BS250 for a number of years ( and a lovely machine it was too) but I soon became a little disenchanted with the size even though I did a lot of good work with it. I bit the bullet and upgraded to the BS300E and am much happier. I must agree with Peter here buy a bigger machine from the off. The one good thing was I managed to sell my BS250 for not much less than I bought it for offsetting the cost of a bigger machine somewhat.

Back