UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could take it into a ship with photocopying, they could enlarge your a4 pattern into a3. Not sure if that helps.

I love the hare by the way, the effect of the wood is perfect making it look really like. Well done on yet another amazingly inspirational intarsia.

Hare looks superb !
With regard to getting an enlargement the right size I've found a second hand overhead projector ideal for enlarging pictures - it only cost a fiver ;) you can buy printable clear laminate very cheaply then it's just a case of moving the workpiece forward or back from the projector till its the desired size. If my ohp broke tomorrow I wouldn't hesitate replacing it.

You will have to go to a local printer,most printers can copy up to AO Size 841x 1189mm it costs me £9 for 1 or £15 for two and £18 for 3( never bought more than 3 )
The one I use scans to PC then prints

You can use A4 and join together but it much easier to use the larger sheet

The hare is (as usual!) looking really good. Nice work sir. Although he looks slightly too "happy" for my liking though. :lol:

As for printing, a quick Google (other search engines may be available, see Internet for details) reveals any number of online printers. This one for example
http://www.planprinting24.co.uk
They claim A0 B&W printing at 75p +vat. Although a minimum order of £5 and then postage on top may start to make it look expensive.

That's excellent, Brian, and great use of the grain.

When you are using more than 1 sheet of A4, do you stick them together before gluing to the wood? I miss out that part and cut the sheets so that they butt up to each other when gluing them to the wood. It's still a messing about job but easy enough if you have print software that will mark each sheet where it needs cutting.

I found a little program amongst my stash of graphics programs that will take a large image and split amongst however many sheets are needed, then convert to PDF for printing. In the settings you can specify no borders, although your printer must be able to print to the edges of the paper. It would come out like the image below. Saves a bit of messing about cutting and sticking the sheets together. If anyone would find it useful, it's open source and available from http://posterazor.sourceforge.net/

Attachments

• 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 933
You are becoming an expert with the Intarsia, Brian. I'm well impressed with the hare and looking forward to seeing The Clydesdale and foal.
Regards
Sam

Back