804 semi review + loads of pics

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bramers

Established Member
Reaction score
well here it is, i am nackered can bearley write this, so dont expect me to be right on the ball with spelling tonight,

i am happy but have a few, "it could be", like the handles are plastic on the height ajustment and the movement you wouldnt belive, some bits on the top are not machined completely, the fence was not included "they forgot". the extentions are impossible to get flush.sent a blade but it is 30mm instead of 5/8" how can they get that wrong :(

but then the goods are: solid, good mitre gauge, clean cuts, extremley quiet you breath and you think its turned of. dust extraction, motor inside.

well i am so tired here's the pics, enjoy

P1010004.jpg

P1010027.jpg

P1010026.jpg

P1010025.jpg

P1010024.jpg

IMG]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f328/bramers/P1010023.jpg[/IMG]

P1010020.jpg

P1010020.jpg

IMG]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f328/bramers/P1010013.jpg[/IMG]

P1010009.jpg

hope the pics did not take to long to load

a review will come another day :)
[/img]

Hi Bramers
You can use photobucket to resize your photo's, just click on edit and scoll down to resize and just ckick the resize button.
Jobs a gooden :)

Nice one bramers, i hope when they finally send you the right bits, you have many hours of fun with your new toy

Cheers

Mike

anyone knoe the best way to remove machine marks from the table surface? just watched normie and his is like glass.

I noticed the machine marks. Figured they were just visible because of the camera flash. My 805 does not show any marks (under normal lighting).

Woodford sent me the same blade (after having not included one with the saw) but also sent a bush to reduce to 5/8ths.

My (single) extension wing was tricky to align but, with some careful adjustment, it did eventually sit flush.

Dust extraction looks good - was that tray included with the saw or did your purchase it seperately? In the case of the latter, can you tell me make etc and source.

Cheers and have fun.

good photos, interesting comment about plastic handles.
when i bought my mafell 160 planer thicknesser, i complained
about the plastic height adjuster, but was told with
typical german logic that the screws adjusting the height of
the thicknesser table were expensive to replace, whilst a
plastic handle would be cheap and easy to deal with.

be interested to see more about the extraction, since i want to build
some more into my Dewalt 744.

paul :wink:

the dust extraction comes with it 8) sorry guys, but you cannot fix it down so it can move a bit

what can i do about those marks? you can feel them with you hands :?

i reckon in the short term, just coat it with wax, everyone else says use
liberon, build it up a bit, let it dry abit, and then polish. not sure that
you will be cutting wood that is really thin enough for you to worry
once it is waxed.

paul :wink:

Bramers

If you need any help to re-size your photos, then please ask.

Sorry to do this, but the other mods appear to have a problem getting through to you by pm.

Thanks
Neil

Hi
Your new toys looks brilliant. I believe the marking on the tables is due to the cast top being milled flat if you would like a surface as good as norms then the only way I know of to achieve this would be to get the top surface ground at a machine shop, but it would require a large surface grinder. I would think as long as the surface is flat then then it shouldn't be a problem.

Hope this helps

Karl

well second day of building, it went realy well today i took things slow and fine tuned it, to 0.1mm that takes pleanty of Patients but i got there. i know its not worth rushing because it will all turn out wrong :(

anyway here a pic

DSCF0002.jpg

i have used the dado a few times now just on scrap can t see any probs with just have to keep you eyes open but i tend to do that with the table saw(only thing is that the bits flick up and hit your arm, can be sharp).

bramers":18d8qnpq said:
i have used the dado a few times now just on scrap can t see any probs with just have to keep you eyes open but i tend to do that with the table saw(only thing is that the bits flick up and hit your arm, can be sharp).

Bramers I know your excited with your new toy but I can't empathize enough to be careful of the dado blade, it needs respect, double your concentration while using it.
Neil.

Back