QS No 62 - Initial impressions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
matthewwh":14pnqcez said:
Cool, it is very unusual to find that they've missed a spot but it can happen.

If anything is found on our random spot checks we open up the whole batch and report it to the factory so they can stay on top of QA. We had the same issue with a handful of scraper planes recently so they have been quarantined, treated with restore and will end up on schtickle next time we list it.

I'm not sure why some are oily and some gunky, we get a mixture of the two, but as you say it comes off easily enough and it's very much better to have it on there than not.

Mathew,
Question, what is Schtickle? Sounds German but I have never heard that term before.

Thanks in advance,
John

Hi John,

It's a yiddish word meaning 'a little bit'.

We use it as a general term for anything we have a little bit of: slight seconds, ex-demo tools, samples, returns, end of line items etc.

Every once in a while we photograph and list all the schtickle on the website at heavily discounted prices, send out a newsletter, and retire to a safe distance....!

matthewwh":gyiu3ego said:
Hi John,

It's a yiddish word meaning 'a little bit'.

We use it as a general term for anything we have a little bit of: slight seconds, ex-demo tools, samples, returns, end of line items etc.

Every once in a while we photograph and list all the schtickle on the website at heavily discounted prices, send out a newsletter, and retire to a safe distance....!

Ah, thank you for the clarification!

One more question? Do you ship to Germany? :D

Yes we do.

As soon as you enter an overseas address and proceed to the next stage, the website will automatically calculate a range of shipping options and also deduct VAT (MwSt) if appropriate.

matthewwh":1x9rb159 said:
Yes we do.

As soon as you enter an overseas address and proceed to the next stage, the website will automatically calculate a range of shipping options and also deduct VAT (MwSt) if appropriate.

Worked just as you said!

matthewwh":2g41ao23 said:
Hatherton,

I'm very sorry to hear that, if you give us a call we will make arrangements to exchange it at no cost to you.

I would like to thank Matthew for sorting out this issue very quickly sending a replacement plane by return of post. Excellent service. This relatively minor issue was the first I have had with a QS plane - hence I like to see plenty of the oil!

Latest posts

Back