60th wedding anniversary

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
We cekebrate our 60th wedding anniversary this week...

Please to say we are both still active and in reasonable health.
Janet finished her latest crossstitch yesterday which took three months.

tiger march 16w.jpg

I managed to finish a Bob Ross digital style painting using Painter 16.

Hoping to get back in the workshop again in around 4 weeks. A piece of Ash has bee in the bedroom over 16 months which did not get worked on last year.

tiger march 16w.jpg

Attachments

• tiger march 16w.jpg
    tiger march 16w.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 959
  • winter mountain br w.jpg
    winter mountain br w.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 959
60 Years on and still producing excellent works, Congratulations!
You must be very well suited. :D
Rodders

Well done mate. We hope to make it to 50 this May - not convinced we'll see 60. In passing, I'm guessing the number of 50+ wedding anniversaries will peak round about now. We are the first generation to have a suitable life expectancy, but possibly the last either to get married or to stck with it?

dickm":39v7ekmd said:
Well done mate. We hope to make it to 50 this May - not convinced we'll see 60. In passing, I'm guessing the number of 50+ wedding anniversaries will peak round about now. We are the first generation to have a suitable life expectancy, but possibly the last either to get married or to stck with it?

I Dickm, I see we both became members to this great forum the same year, so we have survived over 10 years each but you have a greater number of thanks.

Thanks fellers for the congratulations, Our life expectancy averages predicts another 15 years, PHEW!!!!

Congratulations ! Love the cross stitch - looks superb. Two very talented makers

Coley

Big congrats on the anniversary, ours will be 21 this year, little chance of reaching 60 :( .

Lovely art works, very impressive tiger and I think the painting is the best I've seen you post!

Congratulations on your 60th anniversary. In another 18 months we will be celebrating our 60th and in all that time we've only had one argument. Not saying when it started :D :D :D :D

Alan.

Congratulations I'm just starting out compared to you, 19 years in April.

Love the Tiger , looks amazing

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Congratulations John and well done on the cross stitch to Mrs. DW. My Mrs does it and it takes a lot of concentration.

Do you have a celebration planned?

Graham Orm":1746k9tx said:
Congratulations John and well done on the cross stitch to Mrs. DW. My Mrs does it and it takes a lot of concentration.

Do you have a celebration planned?

It's on the cards

Congratulations devonwoody and the talented wife =D> =D> =D>

It must be that clean Devon air that keeps you young :lol:

Regards Keith

Many congratulations to you and Mrs DW.

Please keep up the good work, especially the GWR themes. Lovely tiger too. How would Mrs DW feel like trying her hand at, say, a Castle or a King in full blast running along the sea wall at Teignmouth (IK Brunel and his atmospheric stunt has got a LOT to answer for, but not all of it bad from the sightseers viewpoint!)

Thanks for all your posts so far and many more in future please.

AES

Hello DW.

QUOTE: Hi AES. The lady has sewn a castle steaming up the Dainton Bank the main route to Plymouth. UNQUOTE:

Great! Has she/have you posted it here (meaning I missed it)?

If not, how about posting it please? (MANY years ago I used to go on hols to a little cottage almost at the top of Rattery Bank). Nice memories, but can't complain about the scenery here though.

AES

Latest posts

Back