5mm Thick Bathroom wall cladding 250mm Wide

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quintain

Established Member
Reaction score
Ref: White Marble PVC Panel 5mm

I need to consider using these panels as a shower back wall, very little splashing of Dining Room to bedroom1-2023-Preferred_4.jpgwater will hit the back wall.

Have you used these panels. (5mm thick x 250mm wide x 2.6m long)
Are they any good.
Can they be fitted to a dry good quality flat plastered wall by adhesive only.

Best Regards
Richard

Yes, yes and yes. I ran a thin bead of silicon along the joints just in case - but only for a few panels where there is a chance of water, not for the rest of the bathroom. If you need to fit anything through the panel I found it best to make a hole bigger than the screws and use stainless steel washers as packing so the panel is not squashed.

We have just fitted the 11mm board type and was very impressed glued to the wall using pink grip (white) adhesive I tested the adhesion on an off cut of the board and a piece of wood and I cannot break the bond might with a hammer , Liked so much we bought the 5mm metro tile board for the kitchen my next install

Kitted our bathroom with these panels (10mm thick) about 4 years ago now. Got loads of samples to judge strengths of 'squashability' before buying. If you lean on the panel, you don't want to leave any indentations. Make sure you buy enough as they are made in batches, so that you get the same colour, just as you would with ordinary tiles. Applied a thin bead of silicone in all of the grooves to ensure they were sealed. I don't particularly like the internal corner pieces that you can buy, they don't appear to bed in properly. They are much quicker and easier to fit than regular tiling. HTH.

Thank you to all.
I would love to hear from anyone who has used the 5mm panels; are they rigid and easy to glue into place.
aet1..did you use the 5mm panels ???

Latest posts

Back