3M ABEK filters life?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigs

Established Member
Reaction score
Howdy!

As the title implies, what's the lifespan of these cartridges? do they have a sort of 8 hours after opening they are no good and need replacing? or are they the kind of thing that you can use for say 30 minutes while wiping on some finish and then can be put in a sealed container until the next time you need it?

Cheers
Craig

This is very dependant on the use. In my experience they can last ages if just using for dust and the odd bit of paint, but if I spray anything solvent based or acid cat they can only manage a few days.
I think once the charcoal is "full up" thats the end of them.
If you can smell the thing you are trying not to smell then replace them straight away. If you can`t detect a smell they are working.
Also, mine come in an airtight box which they recommend you keep the mask in.

Ollie

its really for the odd coat of sanding sealer, which tends to make my head spin, I will also use for the odd coat of pre-cat, but alas that won't happen until i can sort out some kind of extractor and pop-up-booth-type-arrangement

both masks stay in an airtight container when not in use just to keep dust etc. out

Latest posts

Back