3D design and viewing software.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TEP

Established Member
Reaction score
This post stems from a member asking about 'Creative- Woodturner software'.

My personal opinion is that paper and pencil is great for designing, BUT if anyone fancies using a program, (and not spending money) I remembered something about a Windows 3.1 program I used to use years ago, and have tracked it down again.

MicroLathe download

The download source is not the guy who wrote the program, just someone hosting it for turners. It is shareware, but was last updated in 1992 so I don't think the writer is looking for anything now. I think you may be surprised how effective this little program is.

Info for anyone not used to Win 3.1 programs. It comes in a zip file, and won't install like any windows program today. Once you have the file make a directory where convenient called 'microlathe'. Unzip the file into this directory, there are 13 files. Right click on 'Lathe.exe' and make a 'shortcut' pick up the shortcut and drop it into your desktop. Then double click as normal.

Sorry if the above sounds as if I'm teaching my 'granny to suck eggs' but I'm sure there are people around who don't know Win 3.1 yet may still be interested in the little program.

For those interested in woodturning design check out this site http://www.woodturningdesign.info/

There is a lot of very useful information and downloads for those wanting to work on the design within their work as well as some great images that can be used as a source of inspiration for new work.

Philip Streeting":n3nqjm21 said:
Thanks to Mark for adding the link to my site and to those who have visited from here. Here's acouple of examples of my work inspired by the software I use.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/woodturningplus/R8 ... stone1.jpg

It's OK Philip, just the forum spam trap questioning your posting, it will leave you alone after a few posts.

bowlstone1.jpg

Welcome to the Forum.

Back