30mm blade on 5/8 inch arbour.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyb

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all,
just picking brains really(for safety). i have a dw746 saw. it is an american saw adapted for the european market. i have only just taken a close look at whats happening with the arbor. it is what seems like a fixed flange with a .625 inch bolt with an acme thread or square thread. the saw blade(30mm bore) goes on and the moving flange threads on with a 30mm dia 2.5 mm thick spigot entering the bore and clamping the saw plate. could i use a 5/8 bore saw blade and where could i get an arbor disc without the 30mm spigot? all very complicated. will the apparently fixed inner arbor disc come off? as for using a dado i am just not going there at the moment. i feel the arbor is to short anyway.

The parts list for this machine online http://service.toolcommerce.com/Products/Documents.aspx?ProductID=4341&DocumentID=10914#IT19
shows the driven flange as part of the arbour. It might just be keyed onto the shaft but I'd expect you would have seen this.

You could try and find the part number for the equivalent saw for the US market and maybe get the US arbour shipped over and fit it yourself.

Or make a spacer, 3mm thick and the same diameter as the flange with a 30mm bore and the face relieved by 0.5mm so that it grips the blade around the edge only in the same way as the original flange does.

This will move the blade over by 3mm and you will have to check that it does not foul the table especially when the blade is angled over.

Unless you have a lot of 5/8" blades, you are possibly best advised to buy 30mm ones.

Bob

US contractor saw Model number is DW746X
Arbour part number is 288313-00 _ except they call it an Arbor!!

Good luck

Bob

Back