3 projects for beginners to get into woodworking

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

A heads up, this video was mainly aimed at beginners as some friends asked for some ideas to get into woodworking but if anyone has comments/constructive criticism that would be great help.

Has anybody made any of these before? Or do you have any more simple project ideas I could pass on to them?

Cheers,
Ray

Have you heard of this site? It's brilliant for all sorts of things even you just take idea and do it your own way
https://www.instructables.com/workshop/
Yes, this is an excellent site, many super easy to follow guides on here, I actually have 2 myself for an armchair full build and upholstery and a firewood storage shed - razself
I recently noticed the shoe storage box on that site and modifying it for my own house, will post pictures once complete, have you noticed anything interesting you thought about trying lately?

I like he style of he video, and the simple projects you are showing but can't stand videos that have a repetitive music soundtrack which is nothing to do with the subject matter. i would much rather hear you describing what you are doing and listen to the machines than that track.

I like he style of he video, and the simple projects you are showing but can't stand videos that have a repetitive music soundtrack which is nothing to do with the subject matter. i would much rather hear you describing what you are doing and listen to the machines than that track.
Thanks for the comment, I got a comment from another person saying the audio was very annoying so have changed it to a lighter track, I know thats different to your comment, I just need to get comfortable talking/being in the video, I will work on it thanks

If that video is aimed at beginners I wonder how many of them have all the power tools that are featured!
Tools I used were to speed up the process but these could be done with basic tools like a handsaw, drilll, holesaw(or even drill bit) and piece of sandpaper

no disrespect but if you're a beginner then you should not be thinking about selling your work at that stage, I've been doing this 7 years and only just feel like I'm good enough to sell some of my work.

no disrespect but if you're a beginner then you should not be thinking about selling your work at that stage, I've been doing this 7 years and only just feel like I'm good enough to sell some of my work.
I think you have inadvertedly highlighted an issue with me combining two things into one. One aim was to provide some beginner ideas for some friends looking to get into woodworking(not to sell) and then the other idea was to provide ideas for quick batchable items people could improve and sell. The combination of the 2 was probably not a good idea so thanks for highlighting this.

A fair comment but maybe a note that all the power tools used are not needed as the work can also be done with basic hand tools such as.........
Good point, if you look at my firewood storage shed video I listed alternative tools, I should have done the same at least with a note here, thanks

Hi all,

A heads up, this video was mainly aimed at beginners as some friends asked for some ideas to get into woodworking but if anyone has comments/constructive criticism that would be great help.

Has anybody made any of these before? Or do you have any more simple project ideas I could pass on to them?

Cheers,
Ray

3 utterly cr-ap ideas!
Plenty of good ones about in other places, don't give up!

We all start somewhere, learn from many resources and work to different standards so what is ok for someone will always be wrong for someone else so what is needed is constructive critism, if you think something is not right then state why it is not right and ideally give alternative suggestions but lets please not just dismiss or comment because we can as it adds no value.

just read the title of the video '3 woodworking projects that sell / make money with'

title of the video is confusing.

if you are aiming at the beginner, then I think you should be using beginner tools.

The bookend looks like they could easily break and would be much stronger in ply

Back