2nd hand DeWalt DW744-gb table saw - any good?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonzo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been offered a 2nd hand DW744 for £200. Just wondering what people's opinions were on this bit of kit before I make a decision. What are your experiences of using the machine? Any issues to watch out for?

Cheers!

Hello Bonzo,

I have got the Elu version of this saw and think it is a great piece of kit, I leave it in the van all the time and it always performs well.

It has a good ripping width with a good fence and cuts well for what I use it for (Mainly site work).

The only thing I dont like is the motor as it is not induction but that said it works well, if you could knock a few quid off and it has a few blades I think you could do a lot worse. (All depends on condition)

Merlin

Thanks for the advice Merlin. It's missing it's riving knife and guard which is a shame, but I like the rack and pinion fence adjustment - seems sensible to me and I wonder why more companies don't use the same design? The motor is what worries me too - not sure how hard it's been used so hope it doesn't go pop on me! Still, can't go too far wrong for £200 hopefully.

Appreciate your response - cheers.

Hello Bonzo,

I might have a spare riving knife you can have if you end up buying it. I modified mine so that I could rebate timber without removing the knife and I must admit I do like to use a guard whenever possible.

As far as spares are concerned I buy any I need (most of mine are Elu) from Miles Tools, the website is very good with full parts diagrams and for most parts they dont take long.

Let me know how you get on.

Merlin

Back