2011 December Challenge ( The results )

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the words of Ian (Silverbirch) Look what the postie brought today :lol: 8) :lol: ...

DSC02010.jpg

And look what a collection it makes!

DSC02013.jpg

Thanks to Blister for his most inspirational Challenge that has truly changed the direction and the enjoyment of my Woodturning hobby.

I know it is nice to win but there were 9 other months that I enjoyed just as much and learnt new skills in those as well.

I know it can be a struggle to get an entry in every month, but without a deadline and a rule set I would not have tried (and cursed and enjoyed) as many different things as I have.

For all those that have been following our efforts and not yet joined in this years Challenge may I heartily recommend it. I have seen comments about not being good enough, daunted, etc but don't be put off. I started the year wanting to achieve 12 monthly points and hopefully get a mention in despatches along the way. I am not an experienced Turner - my Lathe arrive end of June 2010 and I started the process of Learning to Turn by reading books, You Tube and DVD and of course the greatest tool in my experience has to be the information, answers, help and inspiration from members of this site. So Thanks to everyone! It really is appreciated.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

nice collection =D> i think the UKW display shelf will have to give way to the UKW display cabinet soon. then the UKW room... wing ... :mrgreen:

and i second was colin says, to all - get involved, what have you got to lose? (hammer)

Latest posts

Back