The Winter 16 Woodturning Challenge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grahamshed

Established Member
Reaction score
The Winter 16 Challenge is for a ‘Christmas Decoration’. Richard Findley has kindly agreed to judge this quarter’s Challenge,

Challenge Requirements: A Christmas Decoration

This quarter’s rules are:-
1. The Challenge is open to anyone and everyone.
Entries must be new and made specifically for the Challenge.
2. Entries must be made of wood which must be turned on a lathe using woodturning tools.
3. The object made can be of any type, size or shape and for any purpose but must have a ‘Christmas’ theme.
4. Carving, colouring, pyrography and texturing are allowed for this challenge. However, the judge must be able to see your turning skills!

Please post three images of your work together with details of the wood used, the tools and methods used to make it and any key dimensions. A special ‘Entries’ thread will be started for this at the appropriate time.

Images needed:-
1 showing a general view of your entry .
1 view of the top of the item
1 view of the bottom of the item
A fourth picture may be added (but is not compulsory) if needed to show any other interesting details of your entry.

Image size - please use image size 640 x 480, as in previous challenges

Please upload your pictures and description to the ‘Entries Thread’ between 10pm on the 16th December and 10pm on the 18th December 2016.

Please also send me a PM giving me your own opinions of 1st, 2nd and 3rd places amongst the entries (other than your own) between 10pm on 18th December and 10pm on 20th December (for me to compile the entrants’ scoring).

Any queries , questions or comments on this quarter’s Challenge, please use this thread. Discussions on the theme are welcome.

Blimey Graham I have just finished the last one :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least I have an idea already for this one

And just one last thing who is Richard Hindley

Back