2009 Handtool Secret Santa

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still no sign of mine - this is clearly karmic revenge for the delay i had in getting waka's too him last year.

hopefully mine will arrive at it's recipient soon.
Come on Royal Mail you've had it long enough for it to get there and back about 5 times.

Waka":1kczzppn said:
I opened my SS last year in February, or was it March, can't remember but it was still a surprize.

I can't complain about not receiving anything as mine was posted just in time for the parcel delivery date.

With so many being announced as posted in the last couple of days I am expecting lots of people to announce that theirs has arrived middle of next week.

Getting worrying, mine was posted back on page 10! plenty of time yet, I hope :( Don't you just love the peace of mind a good postal service brings you :-k

No Laird I can't say I love them - esp' since the person I've sent it to has already posted to say he's not yet got his :(.
Of course it is just labelled as from Santa and marked to his username - so wifey may of snaffled it.

Mine is sorted, lucky recipient should get it shortly :)

The other day I wondered out loud when something would arrive for me and the missus gave me a sneaky and mysterious look so I wonder if it has arrived already and been stashed away somewhere without me knowing about it!

Finally managed to get to a Post Office (went AWOL from site on Friday - don't tell my boss).
Should be with it's recipient on Monday. (I hope they like it...)
Phew.
Adam.

laird":3hd5vvqm said:
Getting worrying, mine was posted back on page 10! plenty of time yet, I hope :( Don't you just love the peace of mind a good postal service brings you :-k

given that this is the same postal sevice who last year managed to deliver a recorded delivery parcel clearly marked weymouth , to a similar address in portsmouth (where some lairy gett signed for it !) anything is possible.

mine still hasnt arrived and swimbo says she hasnt seen it either - mind you two parcels from serif are missing in action too so my money is on the post office having mislaid a sack

big soft moose":1wimo2fs said:
laird":1wimo2fs said:

given that this is the same postal sevice who last year managed to deliver a recorded delivery parcel clearly marked weymouth , to a similar address in portsmouth (where some lairy gett signed for it !) anything is possible......................
Sent some preserved dogfish (for disection by dentists) to St Andrews Uni a while back. Got a 'phone call from an Iranian leatherwear manufacturer in London a couple of days later, asking what we wanted making from the fish :D :D

laird":2hcn9jy9 said:
Sent some preserved dogfish (for disection by dentists) to St Andrews Uni a while back. Got a 'phone call from an Iranian leatherwear manufacturer in London a couple of days later, asking what we wanted making from the fish :D :D
What? What?! Preserved dogfish? Dentists? Iranian leatherwear? This has to be the most bizarre paragraph I've ever read. :-s

The nervous systems around the mouth of a lesser spotted dogfish are very similar to humans. Simple for training wannabe dentists, and a lot cheaper than heads.
Iranian leatherwear manufacturer - nope, I don't know how the GPO found him either. :D

laird":2upqb3v1 said:
The nervous systems around the mouth of a lesser spotted dogfish are very similar to humans. Simple for training wannabe dentists, and a lot cheaper than heads.

Well you learn something everyday! I wasn't expecting it to be that, but fascinating nonetheless.

Ed

Just coming out the workshop this afternoon and there was postie with a package for me. I can only assume that it's my SS. Thank you whoever you are. Now it's been put away for Christmas Day.

jedmc571":26ppmmxx said:
:cry: Stil waiting for mine :cry:
Me too! :(

And it looks like my outgoing still hasn't arrived!!! Sent by registered post last Tuesday, WTF are they doing with it?

I sent a package in the same delivery down to Tom, not registered, and he received it the following day! Not happy!!! :evil:

Its here its here its here ( excited, who , me ? ) :lol:

and its been imediately snaffled by swimbo who has wrapped it up and added it to our present pile.

Rather worryingly tho there is still no sign that my outgoing santa has been recieved - if royal snail loose it two years running i'm not going to be a happy moose (and may well charge at them with my improbably large , if imaginary , antlers )

Back