20% off over £20 on ebay if using Paypal until midnight 15/6

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the heads up. I have an item that finishes in a few hours that I should win- if I dont, there is a buy it now for about a fiver more than my bid.

Thanks for that (I think). Worked fine for me.

You just saved me £50, or cost me £249, depending on how I choose to look at it... :)

Cheers

PS you need to be careful not to commit to buy before getting to enter the discount code - I didn't see how to do this using the app, so I went onto the proper desktop website where it all worked ok.

seems to have expired now, sadly. if anybody can still get it to work, please let me know.

Thanks for this. I was looking for things to buy and finally managed to get several tool rolls in my basket and then went apply the code but got:

The redemption code can't be used for your purchase

There is no balance left on this redemption code

:x

Maybe they stopped it because it got too popular or I hope it's a temp glitch.

same. i cant find any terms that say it is limited to the first x number of people, but I suspect that is what has happened.

pipper, I thought I would wait until this evening to order my stuff, just tried now and it says there is no balance left on this redemption code :cry:

i have just contacted ebay. it is a technical issue- they have told me that i will get the discount and they are working on the problem.

so home of wood, sack of blanks for £49

the cynic in me says that they have misjudged the cost of this one, and hope that most people dont bother complaining. if you complain they will probably make good the discount.

From reading another forum, it seems you can still get the discount but you have to contact Ebay by phone or online "live chat" and you have to pay the full price when you make the purchase and Ebay will refund the 20% after 14 days. I suspect that's just to put people off, even if they really do refund. They could reinstate the discount but choose not to.

Thank you for raising this concern to us. We are aware that there was an issue with the voucher that prevented it from being applied and we are currently investigating this. We will be looking into a way to ensure that members like you still get the benefit from the voucher.

For the meantime, you can make payment in full and we will reimburse your PayPal account with the discount amount for the completed transactions. Please note that it will take up to 14 days to see this reimbursement in your PayPal account, and a maximum of £50.00 discount only.

And later on, I will be sending you an email with information that you will have to fill up. Basically, about the details of your purchase. This is to ensure that you will have a record on our file which we could send the refund to.

that is exactly what I was told. i wanted the bits, and the discount was worth £17 so I stuck with it, but through the live chat it took about an hour. it was lunchtime, so may have been a busy period. I hadnt bought the goods at that point, so it took me a bit longer to quote item numbers and paypal transaction numbers.

it is up to the individual- like I say, it was worth it to me.

Bl**dy fraudsters. They published a definite end time and then backtracked pretending to have a system fault - not on!

I bought 2 items for nearly £70 and the code wouldn't go through, I needed them so went ahead but I'm furious and certainly won't use either ebay or paypal again unless I really need to.
Impossible to contact them by email and tried phone but got fed up after half an hour which is exactly what they're trying to achieve.

Bob

The code did start working again for a few hours then at about 11.40 when I finally decided what to buy it had stopped working again lol

It was working from about 8pm to 10pm. I was ready to buy at about 10:15pm but then the code stopped working.

I'm not that bothered about missing out saving a few pounds but it's just the waste of time doing all the stuff you need to do only to find right at the end there's no discount. It's the inconsistency that annoyed me.

I quick Google search reveals many folk disgruntled over the failure of the 20% offer.
eBay have shot themselves in both feet over this farce.

If they re-instate an identical offer very soon, then one may be prepared to accept it was a fault.
If no identical offer is forthcoming then one might smell a rat ?

Latest posts

Back