20% off over £20 on ebay if using Paypal until midnight 15/6

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
skronk":2brces2x said:
If they re-instate an identical offer very soon, then one may be prepared to accept it was a fault.
If no identical offer is forthcoming then one might smell a rat ?

If you read through, and believe some of the comment from disgruntled "customers" then they knew exactly what they were doing. The volume of take up has caught them with their pants down and they've panicked and reneged on the offer which in all essence is fraudulent at worst and morally wrong at best. As said though it has rebounded on them and also shown up just how bad their customer services policy actually is.

if I'm looking for something now and spot it on ebay, I search for the company to see if it has a separate website to buy from rather than ebay and I'll be looking at other ways to sell my own unwanted goods in future so stuff 'em. (hammer)

Bob

i benefited from the offer, but it was an expensive way of getting people to spend money through ebay and paypal, since it was marketed at existing customers. The fees from selling goods wouldn't have covered it, there was no advanced notice, as far as I know to persuade people to sell things either as a fixed price or to end yesterday.

Bumping this up again as I was one of those who contacted ebay when the voucher didn't work. I was told to go ahead and make my purchase and then contact them after to get reimbursed.

I contacted ebay again today, I made a couple of purchases but have been told today that I should only expect a maximum of £50 back for these two items. I thought it was 20% each item (upto a maximum of £50 on the item) not that it would be a maximum of £50 collectively.

Was I wrong in assuming this or is it ebay being very naughty?

you were wrong- it was a maximum of £50 per paypal account. so, if you had used 2 accounts, you would have got it from both items.

You could add multiple items together on the same account, so 2 items at £100 would have got a saving of £40, but 3 items at £100 would have hit that cap, so the saving would have been £50 rather than £60.

thanks macros, lesson learnt. Always read the fine print.

Luckily I only bought things I was planning to buy anyway. Glad I didn't bring forward that purchase of the hadron-collider!

Latest posts

Back