1st scroll saw on a budget

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good on you for getting the wife to buy you the saw, personally l would have a look at Steve Goods site will a lot of information on getting started to making plans also he as a lot of free patterns which you can download and cut out so good luck take your time don't rush and look forward to seeing your first cutting

What a helpful informative group you all are. I was thinking of buying a scroll saw, but at my age I am wondering if it is a good idea. Still, I really enjoyed the information you have given Mark, I am sure it he will have all the help he needs in here.

Seasons glory":3n0zml8q said:
What a helpful informative group you all are. I was thinking of buying a scroll saw, but at my age I am wondering if it is a good idea. Still, I really enjoyed the information you have given Mark, I am sure it he will have all the help he needs in here.

I don't see why you should be too old. If you can sit down and move your arms, you can use a scroll saw. OK, maybe I oversimplified, but it doesn't take much to use a scroll saw. I'm in my mid 60's and positively a youngster compared to some here. :mrgreen:

Agree 100%. Unless you have failing eyesight or MS I see no reason why you can't start scrolling. It's not an age thing it's an attitude thing. What better way to spend an afternoon than creating attractive gifts for loved ones . . . . unless you're a big fan of Cash in The Attic.

Hi Rob

Its really good, although I havent used it as much as I would like too, the variable speed is good, althought ive got nothing to compare it too its more than enough for me, I would recommend getting some good blades though

Hi evanso82.
I realise you opted to buy the Jet scroll saw as posted in your original link but thought you'd like to see what Jim made with his Clarke saw which is basically the same as yours but with a different badge.
Yes, there are very few unique designs but many clones when it comes to entry level scroll saws and some with minor alterations !

scroll-saw-box-first-attempt-t81148.html

Happy scrolling.

wow thats amazing, ill have to have a go at making something like that, ive been toying with the idea of making a box for the green food recylcling box you have, as its pretty ugly, so i might tty doing something like that. my only problem is that hardwood is expensive, and ive just ben using scrape of ply and pine ive had lying around so it wont look anywhere as good as what Jim made

Back