18g Cordless nailer suggestions?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
I am in the market for an 18g cordless nailer, it will be used in my joinery business but not heavily and will be looked after.

I have a 16g Paslode which has been fine but find the gas a bit of a faff, I don't use it that much so don't seem to get the full life from the gas, also surprised at the price of the Paslodes now. My friend has the Bostitch equivalent which seems well built and quite a bit cheaper?

A battery one would suit me really but I am all Festool and Makita and don't like the look of the Makita 18g nailer.

I have seen many good reviews of the Ryobi Airstrike, it seems really compact compared to the rest. I have always thought of Ryobi as a bit DIY but going by the reviews this seems to be a decent bit of kit?

Anybody got any good or bad experiences of 18g nail guns that might help me narrow it down?

Thanks, Doug

I have the Ryobi Air Strike 16g nailer, and the smaller narrow crown stapler. The nailer is OK but big, so not easy to get into tighter spaces. I find it slow in use as well. The stapler is lovely though - a bit smaller & quite a bit lighter than the 16g nailer, it just feels a lot better in the hand, it’s become my go-to stapler in the workshop. AFAIK the 18g nailer is much more like the stapler; if I had more use for one, I’d pick up the 18g nailer as well, but I already have a 18g 240v Maestri...

I bought my Ryobi from a US seller on eBay.co.uk - much cheaper.

HTH, P

I have the 18g Ryobi nailer and it's good. Plenty of control for depth and is pretty quick. It has an auto mode so it fires every time you lower it so it has to be quick enough for that. Easy to clear any issues not that I get any / many. Good bit of kit imho.

Certainly out of their range it's one of the best products. That and the impact driver I would replace if they broke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back