110 transformer?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tazio

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all I have some 110 kit but not being site centric tend to avoid it if I can .... but have been offered a new maffell KSS400 saw now I was going to purchase the 240 version but as this is being discontinued it’s a hell of a good price .. the only downside is lugging a transformer I already own a 3.3 kva one ..however for this saw I want to have as lighter one as possible the motor is 1100w and of course being a saw it will be run intermittently rather than continually so hopefully I can use the trannies non continuous rating ..what is the smallest but most sensable size I can get away with ? Thanks in advance ..

Look for a Carroll + Maynell Handytran.
It's a toroidal transformer in a steel box. Tiny compared to your big 3kVA job but rated 1200 watts for about a half hour.
Has a shoulder strap and a single 16A yellow socket.
They used to be well over £100 but prices dropped and last time I looked you could get this type of thing (maybe a look a like) for about £60 new

My own preference would be to go for the newer lightweight one like Sideways said above but larger, its a winner being much lighter/smaller and you don't need to compromise on power which might come in handy should you get a larger machine (y)

Back