UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fab. =D>
Is there a pattern available for this?
I have spied an old Ferm saw gathering dust on a forgotten shelf in work, so may approach the boss and see if i can borrow it for a while, and then would love to have a go at something like this. Having never used a scroll saw before, I'll start with the leaves and work my up.

My first saw was a Ferm that I rescued. I made some fairly intricate stuff with it just using pinned blades. Perfect starter saw.

Thanks for showing Brian. I have just had a look on Amazon, helps to use up the birthday/christmas tokens.
Do you have a regular supplier of Corian ?

take care
Don W

Claymore":a5ekqjmm said:
Its from a book by Judy Gale Roberts and Jerry Boober called "Small Intarsia" got mine off Amazon cheap :cool:
Its actually a really good one for anyone wanting to have a go at Intarsia as it hasn`t got loads of pieces.
The hardest bit on this pattern is the eyeball, easiest way to do it is drill it out and then cut a similar sized dowel out.....round the end and either dye/paint it black and glue in the hole (mine is actually black Corian as i use that for all my eyes and saves painting)
Cheers
Brian
ps chances are the Ferm saw will only use pinned blades but that`s no problem on this pattern as there`s no internal cuts to do.

Just a note to say that the 'Small Intarsia' book arrived this morning and it has a few nice little projects in it. Thanks Brian.

take care
Don W

Back